[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4Chan like dial-up BBSs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: bbsmenu_large.jpg (177 KB, 797x378) Image search: [Google]
bbsmenu_large.jpg
177 KB, 797x378
Are there any 4Chan like BBSs around? Dial-up
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 294x171
BBS is turbo sperg hipster luddite territory in 2016. Just to say again, it's 2016, not 1986.

BBS evolved into forums, you won't admit this because they don't look shitty enough.

All same shit for IRC. BBS and IRC are dead after 2005 except for spergs jacking off. If you happen to fall for this BS, guaranteed wasted 10-20 years of hating on the current state of the web, then there's only 5 people left that you can talk to, can't fit in with 99% of the world, then suicide.
>>
>>55183977
>implying IRC is dead
muahhaha top kek m8
>>
>>55183977
>what an is appeal to novelty

suck a fat cock
>>
>>55183977
fuck off Justin
>>
>>55183934
Not that I immediately know of, there are still some around though, a couple SSH chans too.
>>
Why the fuck would you want one? That's what forums are for. We used BBSs because we didn't have the internet. If someone had given us the internet we would have gone there instantly.
>>
>>55183977
Say hello to yet another millennial who just doesn't get it.
>>
>>55183977
>IRC Dead
Name a better text only chat protocol that you can host yourself.
>>
>>55183977
We still use it where I work yo.
>>
Einchan
>>
>>55184119
>Why the fuck would you want one?
Retrofetishism. The very same thing that fuels about 99% of everything a /g/tard does. This is made even more humorous by the fact that 99% of /g/tards weren't even alive when most of the shit they obsess over was still relevant.
>>
>>55183934
I have also been interested in these lately for some reason
>>
>>55185042
/thread
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.