[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
igh IQ Countries Have Less Software Piracy, Research Finds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: piracyintelligenceiq.jpg (36 KB, 591x377) Image search: [Google]
piracyintelligenceiq.jpg
36 KB, 591x377
>Researchers have found that software piracy is directly linked to intelligence on a national scale. Covering more than 100 countries, the study shows that software piracy rates are lower in more intelligent nations. However, that doesn't mean that 'dumb' countries have no option to curb this trend.

>In a rather straightforward analysis, the research examines the link between national IQ scores and local software piracy rates, which are reported by the Business Software Alliance. As can be seen below, there’s a trend indicating that countries with a higher IQ have lower software rates.
>>
Source: https://torrentfreak.com/high-iq-countries-have-less-software-piracy-research-finds-160619/
>>
>link between intelligence (not, really, but IQ) and piracy
Fuck you, OP, and fuck the stupid shits who write articles like these. Next up, you'll post about the link between ice cream sales and swim trunk sales
>>
inb4 butthurt americans
>>
>>55179975
Too late: >>55179966
>>
>>55179942
>High IQ
>Won't use it to fucking torrent
>Instead, let's just pay 10 bucks to a streaming site that could get kill anytime
First world countries are retarded anyway, they think well but they don't think outside the box like 3rd world countries do

Also the fact that 1st world countries have copyright trolls almost every popular site, making everyone in those countrys unable to pirate

tl;dr 1st world have high IQ but too stupid to know how to torrent well
>>
>Study finds that countries with more people also experience more deaths! More details on this astounding phenomenon will be revealed in the paid research journal.
>>
Maybe because they aren't stupid and use a VPN located in another country before pirating. Maybe because they're smart enough to realize that software should be libre and use FOSS.
>>
File: .jpg (455 KB, 1723x1149) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
455 KB, 1723x1149
"Fuck you."
>>
Higher iq people are also more likely to be commies, your point?
>>
Piracy is illegal. Why do you guys advocate for it so much?
>>
The correlation isn't between high IQ and less piracy, but high wealth and less piracy. It also just so happens that IQ and wealth tends to have a pretty strong correlation.

It's a matter of what's easiest. If you have no money, pirating is easier. It's not like pirating is rocket science either, so that you need a high IQ to do it. But if you have money - a lot of the time just buying something is easier.
I find it easier to buy games from steam than to pirate them. Granted, I don't have membership on any private video game tracker anymore.
>>
High iq = higher wage
Higher wage = less resourceful
Less resourceful = less human...
Don't be a robot...
Don't eat that junk food.
>>
>>55179942
I'm sure the farming majority in China were taken into account.
>>
>>55180434
Because 4chan isn't full of sheep.
>>
>>55179975
>doesn't see USA in lower right corner
Why would Americans be butthurt?
>>
>>55180379
>VPN
Touche
>>
/g/ believes that there is an accurate source for "piracy rates"

I guess STEM majors on /g/ are deprecated.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.