[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy was right, Programming is fucking boring tedious work,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 189x267
This guy was right, Programming is fucking boring tedious work, You don't have to be skilled or even know much about it really. Just have a fundamental understanding of the language you are using and copy paste shit together until it works filling in the gaps along the way.

I've made several android apps this way.

He can't stop it and neither can i.
>>
>>55172470
who is that faggot?
>>
>>55172470
Probably because the apps you are creating are generic and boring. Yes, you can just copy shit off Google but that doesn't mean you understand it, so when it breaks further down the line or you want to change it, you'll be SOL.
>>
>>55172470
>Programming is fucking boring tedious work
Yes because maybe you should stop trying to solve every problem with the same CRUD shit you shit out, you tumor.
>>
>>55172493
He's phpman
>>
>>55172470
>You don't have to be skilled or even know much about it really.

I know several smart people who shifted from Computer Engineering to Electrical Engineering because they found C and C++ too challenging. Same with people who shifted from Computer Science to Mathematics.
>>
>>55172599
I've copied and pasted a few C programs together too, Just browsed stack overflow for the parts i needed and pasted the shit together.

You would be surprised what you can do with some savvy googling.

Also Java is insanely easy, The IDE's like android studio hold your hand the whole way and even autocorrect and some times auto fix shit thats wrong, I swear a trained monkey can probably code in java.
>>
Every job is boring, that's why you get paid for it.
>>
>>55172778
this.
>>
>>55172493
rasmus laravel, founder of hiphop vm by facebook©
>>
The coding part is easy, it's just writing down something.

Figuring out the algorithms however can be really challenging. You need fundamental knowledge in math etc.
Just look at something really common and often used like a Kalman filter or so. Most PHP developers probably don't even know what it is, and they couldn't understand it just by reading the code.
>>
>>55172778
Some people have jobs fucking women, taking drugs, and traveling the world.
>>
>>55172837
But aside from algo's and scientific research shit you rarely run into anything beyond basic math.

I have written about 20 programs in C C++ Java and python and have only ever had to use a modulus once.

It really all depends on what sort of programs you are writing.
>>
File: 1458793922932.jpg (13 KB, 228x238) Image search: [Google]
1458793922932.jpg
13 KB, 228x238
>>55172837
>Kalman filter
why would a php dev ever need this? you may as well reference quantum physics concepts.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.