[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SDR (Software defined radio) -- receiving strange signal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: gqrx_scrot.png (401 KB, 868x744) Image search: [Google]
gqrx_scrot.png
401 KB, 868x744
I have recently aquired an SDR. I've always been interested in HAM radio.
The one I got has a "R820T" Tuner and uses the "RTL2382U" ADC.

I received strong signals from nearby FM radio stations and APRS-signals from amateur radio operators.

Now I've received this at 299.7487 MHz:

https://instaud.io/r90

(pic related: waterfall of reception)
It seems like the audio track of a TV broadcast of CNN. Could it also be an audio only (i.e. radio) transmission?
It's strange thet this is the only signal on this band (300MHz)?

I am in Germany.

Could this be a DX signal (reflecting on the ionosphere or more likely the troposphere (for this freqency range))?
>>
i am bumping because this thread is original. i have nothing to add though.
>>
>>55171688
it's them ayyliens
>>
>>55171688
>It's strange thet this is the only signal on this band (300MHz)?
300 MHz is a licensed band in most of Europe.
>>
>>55171688
>>55171841

don't expect any (helpful/insightful) replies here
I've done a thread 2 days ago asking about a totally legit thing I was working on and no one seemed to care.

/g/ is full of teenagers and basement-dwelling hairy octopods that only seem to care about nvidia vs AMD or iOS vs Android memes.

Look for some kind of specialized forum and post it there.
>>
/diy/ might be a better place to ask actual tech questions, I think they have some SDR people
>>
>>55171883
Why are you still here if all there is are GPU and phone threads? Unless you're one yourself..
That said, I don't know a thing about SDR, and I think Reddit might be more helpful at that.
>>
>>55171908
from my experience Reddit is always more helpful
but I still come here when my shitposting needs are overwhelming me
>>
Yes, but wouldn't it be some kind of data trsnsmission? (Digital audio / vodeo brafcast?) And isn't analog tv already dead and analog fm broadcast abot to die as well?
>>
>>55171923
And before reddit stackexchange was more helpful. 4chan never was a good place for help which you don't need immediately.
It's not specialized or big. But it is pleasant and immediate.
>>
>>55171955
I agree with you with every molecule of my body
>>
>>55171688
What modulation is the signal in? AM or FM? It's likely that the signal is coming from an older wireless headset or sound distribution system that transmits sound through traditional radio modulation instead of digital methods. The ~300 MHz signal makes me think that.
>>
>>55172002
>What modulation is the signal in? AM or FM
It's FM.

Aren't these heaasets at about 864 Mhz?
There are some people around me using those wireless loudspeakers and I can hear their tv audio.
>>
The weirdest signal I receive is at around 27MHz, and it's active only when I move my mouse.

But I don't have a wireless mouse, so what the fuck is that signal. NSA backdoor?
>>
>>55172052
It's harmonic waves created by the pulsed transmission of your mouse. My neghbours have such mice and I can troll them by transmitting with my CB radio with AM and putting a 1kHz tone on. They can't use their mice anymore until I stop transmitting.
>>
>>55172100
>created by the pulsed transmission of your mouse
>>55172052
Fuck! I didn't grasp that you DON'T have a wireless mouse.

Then the interference is coming from the usb clock.
>>
>>55172142
I'm using a PS/2 mouse.
But it might have been caused by other peripherals, because today I can't find that signal.
>>
>>55171688
OP here.

I continued to listen to this fequency and now they statet
"You're watching CNN ...", so it's the audio of a Television signal.
>>
>>55172618
Send'em a report
>>
>>55171688
Milky Way, this is Andromeda. I repeat. This is Andromeda.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.