[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I accidentally dropped my phone into water while in vacation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: reviewwaterr.jpg (22 KB, 512x475) Image search: [Google]
reviewwaterr.jpg
22 KB, 512x475
So I accidentally dropped my phone into water while in vacation. Luckily it was only two meters deep and my cover is bright metallic red so I could see it and dive for it. I've put it in rice and next to the heater to get most of the moiusture out, but it's still not wanting to boot. What do?

It was on when I dropped it, so a few hours after it was playing the first half-second of the start-up sound, but that later stopped. Now the red battery light blinks rather than glows when I try to charge it, and trying to turn it on makes it vibrate once, screen flash quickly and then nothing. My computer doesn't recognize it and can't access it.

Is there something I can do to maybe fix it? Or at least recover the data inside it?
>>
You already made the mistake of trying to boot it so soon. You shouldve had it in the rice for a week
>>
>>55169874

Prob already shorted. Sry bro.

If you want try putting it in water again to unconnnect the shorts.
>>
>>55169886
>>55169894
It kind tried to boot on it's own, unfortunately. I couldn't turn it off after I got it back in the boat, which I assumed was going to be a problem.

If it's shorted, what's my chances of recovering photos and stuff I've got in it? Is that something you could do at home (I know at least one guy who is tech savvy) or would I need professionals?
>>
>>55169923
>dropped it in salt water
>>
There is a chance you could disassemble the phone and find/replaced the damaged component(s). However, if the main system board was the one damaged, there isn't much you can do.
>>
>only two meters deep

That's pretty fucking deep for a phone. Even phones that are rated for water resistancd usually only go for 1 meter (IP 67 I think) or 1.5 meters (IP68). Linus did a video recently where he showed that the Galaxy S7 might even make it to about 6 feet, but I don't get the feeling you have an S7.
>>
>>55172399
Fuck I meant 6 meters for the s7
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.