[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calculator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: unnamed.jpg (80 KB, 574x900) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
80 KB, 574x900
Can we get a calculator thread going?

Anyone here have the HP Prime app on Android?
>>
>>55167896
>tfw bought a 50g with no conceivable use
My 12C is enough and looks slicker
>>
Why would i use HP over TI?
>>
>>55168015
RPN
Not supporting a monopoly
Not having to pay the same price you would have 20 years ago for 20 year old hardware
HP doesn't try to lock you into using their shitty programming languages
>>
>>55168054
>RPN
don't know what that is
>Not supporting a monopoly
I don't really care about that
>Not having to pay the same price you would have 20 years ago for 20 year old hardware
I got it for free 8 years ago. I don't really care.
>HP doesn't try to lock you into using their shitty programming languages
Why would i program a calculator
>>
>>55168088
>don't know what that is
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=RPN&l=1
>I don't really care about that
Congrats on being a dumbass
>Why would i program a calculator
Automation
>>
>>55168088
>don't know what that is
how can you say that in 2016? just google it.
>>
File: hp-35s-0.jpg (456 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
hp-35s-0.jpg
456 KB, 1024x1024
>>55168009
Me too.
I love the RPN, but it's waay too big.
I almost want to buy the 35s, but that's another $50.
Why are all the HP calcs so damn expensive?
>>
>>55167896
>Anyone here have the HP Prime app on Android?

I have it. There's two big problems with it - no haptic feedback and it doesn't prevent the phone from sleeping for some goddamn reason (or at least I can't figure out how to make it not to).

But, yeah, it's a great buy for $20. We seriously should have more serious graphing calc apps for smartphones.
>>
>>55168054
>Not having to pay the same price you would have 20 years ago for 20 year old hardware

Does HP not also excessively charge their hardware?
>>
>>55168232
Is it programmable?
Does it have a calculus menu like the 50g?
>>
>>55171213
Yes, no.
>>
File: image.png (149 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149 KB, 384x384
>>
>>55171259
Oh, i remember it! Was it named "Kid's first calculator"? That was like the cutting edge to 5 year olds!
>>
>>55171259
>triggered
>>
I'm taking a class called Prob & Stats for Engineers. And need to get a calculator. This is from the syllabus:
>Calculator: Suggested: TI-84 (TI-83 also works). The TI-84 has statistical functions (probability distributions and statistical inference) and will save you a lot of work on exams. Explanations how to use these functions on the TI-84 will be provided in class. You should bring a calculator to every class.

Some topics:
>Descriptive statistics
>Probability
>Discrete Probability Distributions
>Continuous probability distributions
> Linear Regression

I want to get an HP 50g just because it's half the price, but would I be missing out on any functionality? Is the HP any more difficult to use than the TI?
>>
>>55171189
My point was more that they're not only not selling 20 year old hardware but also not selling it at the same price they introduced it at two decades ago.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.