[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Internship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Hey /g/. How can I get the most out of my internship? I want to ask my supervisor if I can do things independently to help the company, so that I can come away with a lot of stuff to add on my resume. Plus, it's the kind of company where a good recommendation will go a long way in the sector.

Some info:
>small finance / data company
>mainly using Python
>been here for two weeks, the first week mainly being acquainted with their technology
>>
>>55165687
Don't be a fucking busybody.

You're an intern. Do your work. Do not go looking for work.
>>
>>55165687
Do not do extra work unless you can get paid a bonus for it.
If they want you to do the same job their full-time employees do, make sure you get paid the same as them.
>>
you be a normie and bee yourself and make other people like you. which probably involves doing your work but really that's needed only in so far as is necessary to make them like you. once they like you, they hire you, serve as references for other jobs, etc.

its all nepotism and back-scratching in management and HR, nobody there gives a shit what you know or if you actually do good work.
>>
>>55165752
>>55165867
Well

I would usually agree with you, but I wasn't qualified for this internship to begin with, and the task that has taken me two weeks to complete is a binary parser (simple in retrospect, but the data being put into binary was pretty difficult to understand). The supervisor said my internship is "one to three months", which I've taken to mean "three months if you do shit well". I'm not going for a degree in software development, so I want to use this experience and other experiences as a way for employers to gauge my skill and work ethic. In other words -- I'm thankful for this opportunity and want to continue it, not only the internship but software dev in general, and so I want to really sweat for the next hopefully two months.

>>55165911
small company dude, I'm talking 25 employees, there's no HR
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.