[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's an email service, free or nonfree, that respects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: images.png (912 B, 131x131) Image search: [Google]
images.png
912 B, 131x131
What's an email service, free or nonfree, that respects your privacy?
>>
If you want to be 100% sure you're not getting buttfucked by someone you gotta host it yourself.
>>
Googlemail.
Hands down, it's the Best.
>>
>>55161831
Protonmail
>>
>>55161909
This. Protonmail makes too much noise about being secure for it to really be secure. Host it yourself, you'll learn something new.
>>
>>55162021
GMail reads your mails and offers you ads based on the content.
>>
>>55161831
roundcube
>>
>>55162098
I know.
But nevertheless, it is the Best
>>
>>55162098
>not encrypting your mails
I was told this was /g
>>
>>55162160
>I was told this was /g
>Uses botnet
>Its okay to support the botnet guys!1

>>55162119
I prefer mail.com with the custom domains.
Free, totally locked down and it offers encryption.

Can't see myself using a normie gmail . com
>>
cock.li
>>
>>55162183
>>
Yandex
>>
>>55162183
Sadly one of the few that respects your privacy, or at least say so. - and one of the very few that dont cost you anything.
>>
>>55161831
tutanota
>>
>>55161831
Tutanota
>>
File: 1460217424740.png (581 KB, 749x2933) Image search: [Google]
1460217424740.png
581 KB, 749x2933
None of them can respect your privacy in front of a SWAT team or FBI agents. Use encryption.

You want an email service that's transparent. Like >>55162183 said, cock.li is one of the few that are. It's located in Romania, too, which means at least it doesn't have to bow down to US agencies.
>>
File: heh.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
heh.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>55162090
>Protonmail makes too much noise about being secure for it to really be secure.
>>
iCloud.
>>
>>55161831
Why hasn't anyone built some kind of P2P email client? There's no host and nobody for the FBI to go after. Release the software without letting it come back to you and let people download it.

Or I might just be a fucking moron and there's no way it could work. I don't know.
>>
The mail app from Windows 10.
>>
>>55163867
How will you know who to send e-mail to? After all, it's decentralized.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.