[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 stock won't improve until at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: 1465667703891.gif (2 MB, 288x160) Image search: [Google]
1465667703891.gif
2 MB, 288x160
>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 stock won't improve until at least late July NVIDIA's stock levels on the GeForce GTX 1080 until late July, or even early August

>Now we've had an industry source tell us that there won't be a huge flood of GeForce GTX 1080 cards, from all partners, until late July or even early August. This makes sense, but it also means that the price gouging that is happening now, will continue - and could even get worse. The EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 is selling for $1999 on Amazon right now, which is absolutely nuts.

What the fuck Nividia. Stop making paper release dates. How about; get this make enough then on the release date you have enough to sell? Crazy idea right.
>>
Are you going to buy a 1070/1080?
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>55159838
I was playing to buy on in June. I can't afford to wait another month now, I have no working GPU.
>>
>>55159792
Or they could do the proper American Capitalist way and do exactly what they are now and make shitloads of money and markups.
Top kek, Americans literally asked for this.
>>
You can buy a 980Ti which is stronger than the 1070 once OC'd.
>>
File: bestbuy.jpg (886 KB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
bestbuy.jpg
886 KB, 4032x3024
>>55159858
I hope you have a BestBuy nearby.
>>
>>55160017
>reference cooler
>>
>>55160026
Then wait, aftermarket cards always come one month later than reference, from both AMd and Nvidia, in fact this time they rushed the aftermarket cards with Pascal.
>>
>>55159867

For 100 more TDP though

>He's a PSUlet!!!

That's a shit argument
>>
>>55160046
It's been a month, the aftermarkets are even sold out without restock.
>>
>>55160154
Not him but the TDP has never mattered, it's only important for laptop parts and you should never have a dedicated GPU in a laptop.

What is important, however, is driver support and in the long term NVidia is far more eager to stop optimising for their old cards than AMD due to fundamental differences in how the cards are made and how it's handled. Buying a not current gen NVidia card is a bad choice.
>>
Literally have a bot camping new egg, nowinstock, and bestbuy. Still waiting.
>>
I really need a new gpu but rushing into buying one that might be a lot cheaper soon because of AMD releases is a hard choice
fuck it sucks being poor
>>
>>55160155
if you have to wait another 2 weeks or so, it will be worth it.

or maybe best buy sells the aftermarket cards? idk

it's definitively worth waiting to get a 1080 tho
>>
I'll repasted what I said last time stock was brought up.

It's not that Nvidia rushed Pascal, it's releasing on the same schedule they had last year. It's that they didn't delay Pascal.

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1328964

It takes three months to make it from order to product.
The chips they are selling now are an early production run started in late January, to act as review samples and for marketing purposes.
The chips that were actually meant to test the stepping in early March were lost in the earthquake; hence why the early production run was also used to test the chips.
Full production was not ordered until mid April, after the chips were tested, they will not be available until late July.
They did order another limited production after the earthquake recovery, these are the chips to be available this month.

They do not have more than 25000 cards until late July.
As a reference, 17 million GPU's were expected to sell in Q3, including OEM, Laptop Discrete, and Workstation. Nvidia won't have stock for their flagship until the last third of the quarter. The approximate demand for the 1080 and 1070 was expected in the million+ range.

I told all of you guys this back in April but no one listened. However, I thought they would delay rather than launch without stock.

I should note AMD is not affected as GloFlo's 14nm fab is located in New York.
>>
>>55160321
AMDPOORFAGGOT shill detected
>>
File: wellshot.jpg (56 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
wellshot.jpg
56 KB, 803x688
>>55160469
The most entertaining thing is the last time I posted this; the first reply called me a Nvidia shill
>>
>>55160321
>I told all of you guys this back in April but no one listened
Never saw your post but probably would have taken it into consideration if I had. This also explains why we're seeing new laptops launched with the 9xx series of GPUs. Can't help but wonder how much this will help AMD sales.
>>55160512
Everyone is a shill for both companies simultaneously and exclusively. I would complain about how bad it's gotten but it's always been this bad, the only thing that's changed is the word used.
>>
it's not so much a supply&demand shortage as is a
1 . 7 %
%
yeld shortage again
NKEKS WILL TRY TO BURRY THIS
>>
>>55160230
Actually it matters on desktops too unless you want your PC to sound like a hoover. I have a GTX 980 and unless I underclock it, it creates way too much heat for the slow fans of my case to exhaust reliably. Turning the fans to higher speeds = more noise.

I think there are people around who care about quiet PCs.
>>
>>55160740
I care, but I don't care enough to sacrifice performance.
>>
>>55160777
I care enough. Feels nice having the mechanical hard drives as the loudest component.
>>
>>55160026
My local best buy only sells reference cards from evga on the nvidia side. AMD usually only has reference and pny
>>
>>55160740
Never been a problem for me but then I leave the side of my case off. Also, there are quite a lot of really quiet case fans with good air flow, what fans are you using to be so bothered by their noise?
>>
>>55160821
I'm using Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-2s at 5V
>>
Well the whole point of launching months before they were ready was to hurt Polaris sales

AMD goes from owning 2016 to getting cucked by Nvidia
>>
>>55160948
>Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-2s
So after a quick look at a review, you've gotten some objectively quiet fans with subjectively terrible noise. I'd hardly call that the fault of the graphics card.
>>
>>55160999
They're launching on the same schedule they had 14 months ago mate.
>>
>>55161018
The fans are fine. What I don't want to do is make them go at their full speed of 1300 RPM which is way too much, but required if I want to run my GTX 980 at full TDP.

I'm not finding fault here, I'm just saying that high TDP is bad if you want low noise. I even removed one of my processor fans to keep noise down. It has a D14 style cooler with 2 140mm fans, of which one I removed and the other I run at I think 5V. Could also be 7, but it's probably 5.

No fan in my PC is anywhere near 1000 RPM, that includes the graphics card fan.
>>
>>55161100
>No fan in my PC is anywhere near 1000 RPM
How close to your ear is your computer when you use it? This is starting to sound less and less reasonable. Is there something in your environment requiring absolute silence while requiring a large GPU or are you just autistic about it? At this point your HDD must be an annoyingly loud source of noise for you.
>>
>>55161158
Yes, the HDDs are annoying. I just like peace and quiet. I don't like repetitive humming noises around me, I get enough of that at work where I have tons of racks everywhere with their stupid 6000 RPM whiners.

It's not absolute silence BTW. You can hear my computer if you listen for it. It makes a bit less noise than an old Thinkpad at idle fan speeds.
>>
>>55161238
Sounds like you should be wearing hearing protection at work. You are an extreme fringe case, I doubt there are many others who are as sensitive to noise as you are. I hope you're aware of that.
>>
>>55160026
>>55160046

There's nothing wrong with the referrnce cards. If you guys spent some time reading tech forums or even the /r/nvidia sub, you'd see that people have more issues with their AIB cards compared to people who own the FE cards.

These problems are coil whine, power issues and fan issues.

Lastly, both FE and AIB reach the same overclock. Literally.
>>
>>55161326
Never said that there are many people, I just said that there are people who care about it. Silent computing is a thing.
>>
>>55161395
Hahahaha.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>55160154
The wort part about having a 9XX is the fact that it will be gimped within 6 months.
>>
>>55161417
Probably would if I didn't own two GTX 1080s, heh.
>>
>>55161439
Not unless you use Windows 10. Windows 7 doesn't automagically force you to upgrade your driver.
>>
I've got three GTX 1080s

gotta test all three and keep the one I like most, sell the other two at a profit

A FE, MSI gaming x and a g1 gaming, I like the g1 gaming the most and it was the cheapest.
>>
>>55159855
>graphics cards aren't tech.
>>
>>55161758

fegget who would want to pay premium for open box?
>>
>>55161878
>$2000 on open market
>>
>>55161878
A lot of people do, chatting with my steam friends about 10 of them want to buy them from me.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.