[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With so many various tutorials for Unity, Unreal Engine, Photoshop,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Official_unity_logo.png (7 KB, 676x246) Image search: [Google]
Official_unity_logo.png
7 KB, 676x246
With so many various tutorials for Unity, Unreal Engine, Photoshop, Maya, ZBrush, etc. available from brands such as 3DMotive, Digital Tutors, Lynda and others, I have wondered which beginner ones are considered or you have personally found to be the best and most instructive.

It seems that a lot of people recommend Ben Tristem, but some say his courses are too simple and not that in-depth. Also, it appears that Gnomon courses are for intermediate students and higher.
>>
>>>/3/
>>
File: heh.png (24 KB, 428x315) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
24 KB, 428x315
>>55156871
They are all the same.
All of them.
Speaking from experience (pic related)
>>
i really like quil18. Has a good energy and explains thing with a lot of enthousiasm.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPXOQq7PWh5OdCwEO60Y8jQ
>>
Brackeys
>>
>>55156871
Learning gaymen development is a major waste of time desu senpai.
>>
>>55158249
Why
>>
>>55158654
he is bullshitting.
Most of the programing can be done by yourself if you have half a brain and at least basic understanding of CPP.
Plus the communities are always there to help unlike this place.
If you want to make a game you can.
its nothing complicated and anyone can make solid adventure.
>>
>>55158654
Because the returns are minimal. Better concentrate on something that will put food on your table.
>>
>>55159419
Then find a publisher that actually gives a fuck about making a profit.
>>
In a somewhat similar vein:

I want to build modding tools for one of my favorite games. The game's data files and structures contained in them have been fairly well documented at this point, and the tools I'd like to build range from full-blown map editors to simple string tweakers.

My line of work is iOS mobile development, so I'm already familiar with working with Objective-C as well as C++ and even plain old vanilla C, so I'm not starting off at ground zero. I can definitely build string editor sorts of tools without trouble, but anything to do with 3D space feels a bit beyond reach right now.

I'd like to remedy this by taking up modern OpenGL (3/4.x). I've found some tutorials around the web, but it's all "hello triangle" or "let's render a torus" sort of stuff. Is there any way to learn that's a little moreā€¦ engaging? Also, what types of math should I make sure I have a good grip on?
>>
File: 1.png (38 KB, 1274x300) Image search: [Google]
1.png
38 KB, 1274x300
>>55160173
everything you need.
cgpeers.com
>>
File: dw_sort_of_want.png (791 KB, 927x660) Image search: [Google]
dw_sort_of_want.png
791 KB, 927x660
I'm interested in this, bump

Any good Unity tutorials out there?
>>
File: 1390678737822.jpg (18 KB, 300x274) Image search: [Google]
1390678737822.jpg
18 KB, 300x274
>>55160819
*video tutorials I mean
>>
>>55159607
You think there aren't about 100K+ people like you with their shitty ass pet projects looking for a publisher? Gaymen development is oversaturated like no other IT industry, so the chances of your project being new and original are infinitesimal, thus it's pretty much a waste of time.
>>
>>55160241
welp guess it's time to seed my way back to poweruser on wcd again
>>
>>55162140
Registration is open every 1st & 15th of the month.
You dont need to suck dick to get in.
>>
>>55160819

another bump I guess
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.