[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Pebble? And their Pebble Watch'? I'm specifically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: Pebble_logo.svg.png (43 KB, 2000x609) Image search: [Google]
Pebble_logo.svg.png
43 KB, 2000x609
Thoughts on Pebble? And their Pebble Watch'? I'm specifically picking up Time Round and think it is the better choice compared to the other Smart Watches, because of design, ease of use, and value. I was contemplating over Moto 360 2nd gen or Samsung Gear S2, but they are twice as expensive and only the Gear S2 has an attractive UI and useability. It sounds great on paper, but it isn't as useful on an Android phone rather then a Samsung phone.

Also what do you guys think of Pebble Time 2?
>>
>>55154296
>smart watches
Don't be a cuck and fell for kids digital watches
>>
File: 1466049265641.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1466049265641.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>55154318
Fuck off. There are situations I'll need a Smart Watch over using a Smart Phone in a professional environment. Like at a meeting glancing at the watch instead of pulling up the phone. Or when I'm video chatting with someone I don't need to have my phone ring randomly in my face. Also keeping track of social media for my job is something I have to keep on thinking of. Also emergency messages are another can of worms.
>>
File: 2528289.jpg (77 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
2528289.jpg
77 KB, 800x800
>>55154362
>there are situations I'll need a Smart Watch over using a Smart Phone in a professional environment. Like at a meeting glancing at the watch instead of pulling up the phone
I cannot use my phone to check social media but i can gladly play with my watch
>>
>>55154400
You don't sound like a productive individual.
>>
Ill be the only helpful individual here.

Bottom line, pebble watches are more suited to notification devices with some extra features. Youre not gonna do advanced stuff like voice commands (big boy stuff like android wear or the apple watch) but youll be able to get notifications, apps and a great all week battery.

For the new pebble, I dont think its anything great, really just an incremental update unless you are looking to get a hr sensor. If you dont mind the bezels, get the old Pebble Time (or Time Steel).

One thing though, the transflective colour lcd is great and is better in resolution than the older ones.

What is interesting is the Pebble core, that is actually pretty interesting and I can see some good uses it will have.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.