[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a gtx980 at release. Now that the 10 series has been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1466310838715.png (247 KB, 528x392) Image search: [Google]
1466310838715.png
247 KB, 528x392
I bought a gtx980 at release. Now that the 10 series has been released and the price dropped, is it worth the investment to buy another one for SLI or should I hold off till later? Playing at 1080p144hz.
>>
>>55150380
> is it worth the investment to buy another one for SLI
NO

do NOT fall for the SLI meme
do NOT fall for the CF meme
>>
>>55150380
>SLI
no, it won't work with all games and the ones it will it might work poorly and degrade performance.
you'd be better off just getting a single better card if you're going to dump money into it anyways.
>>
>>55150405
>>55150393
Well, I knew SLI was buggy and not worth it a few years ago, but I figured most of the issues would be resolved by now, guess I was wrong. What a shame. Thank you, I'll hold off then.
>>
>>55150895
Sell your current card now and buy either a GTX 1080 with the money you would have spent on a second 980 or spend it on a RX480 until the 1080Ti comes out
>>
>>55150934
Well shit, I hadn't thought of that. Haven't used a non-Nvidia card in years so it might actually be fun to try out the 480, I'll wait for the benchmarks first though. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>55150982
If you wait you're gonna lose out. Rumours are it'll offer 980 levels of peformance for $250. If you hold off you might not get a decent price for your card.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.