[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
App Overload: It's Time to Clean House
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: too-many-apps-fb.jpg (122 KB, 738x415) Image search: [Google]
too-many-apps-fb.jpg
122 KB, 738x415
Do you have too many apps on your computer and phone? How many apps have you used in the last 30 days?

Are you being overwhelmed by the amount of software on your devices? I feel your pain. Let's clean house together.
>>
Imagine if OSes had a feature where apps that you haven’t used for that long grew somewhat dimmer or more greyscale on screen to easier indicate their staleness from neglect.
>>
>>55149315
>>55149355
>one poster
This sounds like a shilling attempt by NextBit.
>>
>>55149392
>drops the brand name despite it never being mentioned before in the thread
>accuses others of shilling
>>
File: Nerd-46422.jpg (35 KB, 480x364) Image search: [Google]
Nerd-46422.jpg
35 KB, 480x364
>>55149315
>Are you being overwhelmed by the amount of software on your devices? I feel your pain.
No, because I do fucking know what programs I have and I use on my system.
>apps
grumble grumble
>>
why are shills so fucking retarded?
>>
>>55149522
I don't understand. Who's shilling for what?
>>
>>55149461
>Imagine if OSes had a feature where apps that you haven’t used for that long grew somewhat dimmer or more greyscale on screen to easier indicate their staleness from neglect.
>apps that you haven’t used for that long grew more greyscale on screen

their Robin phone literally has a feature that automatically copies your unused apps and their data to a "cloud" server.

https://help.nextbit.com/hc/en-us/articles/216961697-Activating-and-using-smart-storage
>When you need space, it archives the things you use least, so you always have space for what you want most.
>All your apps are always at your fingertips. Even the ones that have been archived. In just a click any app restores just where you left off.

Also when you posted, there was only 2 posters, that includes myself and OP. So please fuck off OP. You already have your rupees anyway.
>>
>>55149573
You just became a salesman for a product I didn't even know much about and now I'm actually interested in it after looking it up.

Thanks, bro.
>>
I am the opposite of this thread , I prune and clean my shit over excessively that my prized devices are essentially useless and barely functional .
>>
>>55149601
>letting a company store a copy of your data because they were too lazy to put a micro SD card slot into their phone so they shoehorned the cloud meme into the marketing
get off my /g/
>>
File: smiley-160067_960_720.png (147 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
smiley-160067_960_720.png
147 KB, 720x720
>>55149601
>people who hate shills are being tricked into unintentionally becoming shills
>even though the anti-shills think they're countering the shilling by exposing them, they're actually playing right into the game

Now this is some next level viral marketing right here.
>>
>Do you have too many apps on your computer and phone?
no
>How many apps have you used in the last 30 days?
>Are you being overwhelmed by the amount of software on your devices? I feel your pain. Let's clean house together.
don't care since i have space on my computer and phone

is this a shill thread? like, doesn't everyone just uninstall or "clean house" when you start running out of space?
>>
File: unikitty.jpg (9 KB, 182x269) Image search: [Google]
unikitty.jpg
9 KB, 182x269
>>55149652
>still posing as the average anonymous user
>tricking people into locking themselves into an ecosystem
>tricking people into using a cloud storage service that will get hacked within a year
>implying /g/ents would be fooled into any of this
>pretending you're this smart
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.