[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/ can bitcoin mining give you a comfy life, if you only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: opengraph.png (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
opengraph.png
14 KB, 500x500
So /g/ can bitcoin mining give you a comfy life, if you only live as a neet?
Im thinking of investing on multiple Bitcoin mining machines then leave them on 24 hours everday.
Earn money without doing anything.
Only maintain/replace the machines when needed.
>>
you're like 4 years late m8
>>
This belongs in /biz/
Mining in general has become unprofitable for the small fry, you will be constantly buying new equipment as difficulty rises soi your overall profit ends up very small.
>>
>>55147758
why?, pls explain anon, did it flop?
>>
>>55147776
Value of bitcoins went down, much more difficult to mine.
>>
>>55148657
>1 Bitcoin equals 757.00 US Dollars

Ok.
>>
I just remembered I have a fraction of a bitcoin on a failing hard drive in my drawer
I hope it still works somewhat
>>
>>55147752
If you do useful work for people, they will give you money. This is how the economy is supposed to work, not internet funnymoney.
>>
>>55148710
using your possessions to serve others counts as a contribution to society
>>
>>55147752
Bitcoin mining is not worthy anymore. Now the difficulty is too high and for someone hit a block even with a 25th/s and earn something is impossible. The only way to earn something is to pool mine in countries where the electricity cost is low
>>
>>55147752
>babies first get rich scheme

The difficulty is far to high to make any money with regular desktops. Simply put the electricity would cost you more than value of the coins you could mine that way.

You need application specific integrated circuits to compete these days.
>>
>>55148953
what about other virtual currencies?
>>
>>55147752
It isnt 2010-2012 anymore, small scale bitcoin mining isnt profitable, unless you figure out some huge jump in performance.
>dude who figured out how to gpu mine when everyone else was cpu mining = rich as fuck
>dude who figured out how to FPGA mine when everyone else was gpu mining = rich as fuck
>dude who made asics to mine and sold them when everyone else was using FPGAs = rich as fuck
>>
>>55147752
Only way to hit ROI is buying an S9 miner ($2100) and running it constantly for 4-5 months. After that you'll start making money but not so much.
>>
>>55149372
For the others there are no asics, and you have to gpu mine and the power consumption is too high. there are some other correncies based on sha256 but they are simple bitcoin clones and the price is low
>>
leave

>>>/biz/
>>
>>55147752
Who uses cvetorrent anyway?
>>
>>55147752

no.

in 2016 only big guys can mine bitcoin. even those guys struggle to hit margins
>>
>>55149852
For you.
>>
>>55148683
>he thinks price means value
>>
>>55149860
Go away
>>
>>55148683
Research a little more about Asic vs Gpu Mining, and You'll know why you're late for the party.

Don't Waste your time and either invest some money and start trading, or get a real job.
>>
>>55150132
no
>>
http://youtu.be/K8kua5B5K3I

Good luck, anon. :^)
>>
If you had a pool of willing users who wanted to mine bitcoin for you, how many of these users would you need to make a decent profit? 100? 1,000? 10,000?

Keep in mind these hypothetical willing users would mostly run integrated or average gpus, and pretty much the average specs for a normie.
>>
>>55150664
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>55151617
>using the >using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>55151643
>using the >using the >using the smiley with a carat nose
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.