[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFW you're 18 and can't find a tech job because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: cantWakeUp.jpg (120 KB, 593x640) Image search: [Google]
cantWakeUp.jpg
120 KB, 593x640
>TFW you're 18 and can't find a tech job because you don't have a degree yet
>TFW you have to work at a factory to save money for college in the fall
>TFW you don't know if it's even worth it anymore

Hey /g/uys can you help a fella out? What type of jobs could I do right now without a degree in CS that would still make decent money for college this fall.
During my high school career I was involved with this program that allowed me to take college classes at our local community college while still taking high school courses and I completed a few classes on the A+ cert but I'm too much of a pussy to take the test I'm afraid that I'll fail so I'm assuming that no A+ means no entry level tech jobs.
>>
>>55145157
>55145157
>he thinks he needs a degree to get a programming job
>>
Any kid can pass the A+ exam since they're in the tech boom. A+ means nothing now.
>>
>>55145157
just get born into a family with connections that can get you a job.

or be born a shitskin and cry racism until you get what you want.

easy.
>>
You're 18, you haven't done anything yet. You're still young. Chill the fuck out.
>>
>>55145181
Does the A+ mean nothing to /g/ or nothing to employers?
>>
Not in the US so tuition is free
I went for an IT degree, no certs

Have a helpdesk job now, its okay!
>>
>>55145218
Both
>>
>>55145157
I'm also 18 and in software engineering and I've been trying to work outside doing general labour. I had a nice gig going for 3 weeks and I made good money and stayed in shape. Right now I'm trying to get a landscaping job for the summer.
>>
>>55145157
>falling for the college meme
>>
>>55145157
You have the rest of your life to code 9-5 and come to despise your job and life. Live a little before then over the summers.
>>
>>55145157
Computer repair
Helpdesk
I've had a ton of luck with Thumbtack. Really good for freelance work since it basically guarantees payment.
>>
>>55145170
He need a degree to programming except Web dev.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.