[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Voltage inverting circuit with Multiplexer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Circuit.png (59 KB, 1261x687) Image search: [Google]
Circuit.png
59 KB, 1261x687
I'm really stuck on this circuit I'm trying to build to heat and cool a block. The thermal blocks heats and cool based on whether I apply a +12/-12V at each of its inputs and I have to swap them manually to invert the heating/cooling function.

I was thinking of using an Arduino that sends a Digital signal to a multiplexer to convert the voltage whenever I reach a certain temperature.

So when I am at 60c, I want to heat, and at 95C I want to cool and cycle back and forth. I want to swap the voltages but I'm not sure if I can do this with a multiplexer. Can someone help me out since I'm not great at this?

Thanks!
>>
>>55140253
take that poorfag shit to /diy/
>>
>>55140253
>>>/diy/

They're more into hardware tinkering and electronics
>>
This is not at all a task for a mux
>>
>>55140253
You should take this to /diy/. They're much nicer people there.

/g/ is for shilling and consumerism.
>>
You should be able to use a a transistor that would act like a switch when you apply the voltage, using a thermosensor and arduino would allow you to switch and monitor the temperature if it's relevant. You want to see /ohm/ on /ditty/ for more opinions though.
>>
>>55140253
electrical engineer here,
using the signal frm the arduino use the complex analysis form over the entire circuit to use a powerful metaphysical reaction of the type

When reach at the end, final the temperature will reach back and forth to cool and Slow down your mechanism
>>
>>55140287
>muh iPad does gpio
Faggot
>>
>>55140253
/diy/ ->

we don't like that faggot shit around here, this is for REAL FUCKING TECHNOLOGY, not toys.
>>
>>55140253
What you need is a H-Bridge, they are typically used for controlling motors that need to spin in both directions.
>>
>>55140556
OP here. Awesome thanks.

Just wiki'd this. So I can connect both wires to the H bridge right? I want to have both a negative and positive lead, so maybe I could just have two H-bridges for the circuit I'm making then?
>>
>>55140675
You don't need two H bridges. Just connect the +12V to the top rail of the H Bridge and the -12V to the bottom rail
>>
>>55140709
Right, I think the circuit will look like this. That makes more sense now.

I was originally going to have a lot of muxes and inverting opamps but this helps a lot.

Can I still use a Select in these to swap the direction from an Arduino that has a feedback loop from the thermoresister? Just checking as I read this in more detail.

You saved me a ton of time, thanks man
>>
>>55140739
I have no idea what "a Select" is. I'm going to assume it's just a normal digital output pin on the Arduino. You'll need an additional few transistors to control the logic for switching the H-Bridge if you're only going to use 1 output. If the arduino has multiple digital output pins, it would be much easier to just directly control the top left and bottom right switches of the H-Bridge with one pin, and the top right and bottom left switches with another pin
>>
>>55140843
The select basically is how I will control the direction the voltage is placed at.

The Arduino will output a 0 or 1 based on the current temp of the system to heat or cool; so based on this output I want the H bridge to respond and switch the polarity
>>
>>55141365
So it's a normal digital output pin like I said, yes. The rest of my post continues to apply.
>>
File: ComparatorOperation.gif (10 KB, 684x468) Image search: [Google]
ComparatorOperation.gif
10 KB, 684x468
You can use a comparator IC for switching between cooling/heating modes. No need for arduino.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.