[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kind of pissed. Fell for the ThinkPad meme and got a P50s. Love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (1 MB, 1500x679) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1500x679
Kind of pissed. Fell for the ThinkPad meme and got a P50s.

Love the device and it performs great, but it's been just over a month and the fucking screen bezel is already coming off, so I have to get a replacement. Will Jewnovo ship me a new one before I have to send mine back? Otherwise I might just request a refund and buy something else.

Pic related, but obviously not my device.
>>
>>55136628
Also, can I just glue the bezel down instead of sending it in for service? I want to avoid the pain in the ass for what seems like such a small problem, but can I reliably fix it myself without voiding warranty/damaging the device long-term?
>>
>getting a thinkpad that isn't t, w, or x

oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>55136769
The W doesn't exist anymore retard. It's called the P now.
>>
>>55136774
>>55136769
And before you start sperging, the P50s is the W550s but with newer parts. The chassis/frame is identical.
>>
>>55136787
>>55136774
Joke's on you, I was just pretending to be retarded. Wait, I may yet have an out here.
>buying a non-used thinkpad

oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>55136628
The P50S is just a rebadged W550S. Should've gone for the P50.
>>
>>55136804
I actually tried to cancel and get the P50 instead but the chinks already shipped it. I'm enjoying it though. The P50 has shittier battery life because muh quad core. Battery was a huge plus for why I initially chose the P50s and I'm OK with my purchase. The M500M GPU is performing way better than I thought.

>>55136799
I also own a used T430 that I got for $200 shipped. Your move.
>>
>>55136628
>Will Jewnovo ship me a new one before I have to send mine back?
Depends on the kind of warranty you have. If you have standard warranty they aren't going to ship you parts so you can void your warranty. They'll send you a box for you to ship it to a repair center. For a loose bezel it is quite likely you'll get it back in a day or two as the repairs can be done at the shipping center.
>>
>>55136827
In that case, I'm sticking with "pretending to be retarded". The defense rests.
>>
File: Lol_I_Troll_U2.jpg (49 KB, 704x441) Image search: [Google]
Lol_I_Troll_U2.jpg
49 KB, 704x441
>>55136836
That's a retarded position to take.
>>
>>55136827
>14 day returns
>it's OK I'll stick with the shittier laptop
>>
>>55136925
>being this retarded
It's subjective.

Pros of P50:
- 20-30% more CPU performance
- DDR4 RAM (negligible)

Cons:
- Half the battery life.
- Bulkier.

The GPU is totally irrelevant because I don't play any graphics intensive games. The M500M maxes anything I play.
>>
>>55136628
how did you manage to do this damage
>>
>>55137911
I didn't. It just happened.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.