[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so slow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: cplusplus-logo.jpg (36 KB, 433x455) Image search: [Google]
cplusplus-logo.jpg
36 KB, 433x455
Why is it so slow?
>>
>>55130314
compared to?
>>
because you write shitty code
>>
>>55130330
/thread
>>
Should I learn this language?

What is this language's main application? GUI and shit?
>>
>>55130354
Learn web. Seriously. C++ is better in every way, has more cred, is incredibly powerful and flexible but you know what?

99% of jobs are for web devs
and they get paid just as much

Software as a whole is just a fucking ugly shitshow mess in real life when you try to build anything. There's literally nothing about it that's good. So if you want to learn something, learn webdev:
>least amount of brain power required
>most of the work is done for you
>literally 1 billion jobs in every part of the world
>never have to deal with criticial systems that can blow up or get fucked
>the absolute worst you can do is mess up a website oh no the text is the wrong size
>>
>>55130418
Or code in C++:
>holy fuck there's literally an emergent language WITHIN the language
>holy fuck this error message looks like the antichrist's manifesto
>work on hyper critical code, from everything that powers the world's financial systems to space shuttles to planes and weapons and self driving cars and robots
>oh no i wrote past the array now this vehicle is a ticking time bomb that accelerates automatically and will probably kill a bunch of people (see Toyota)
>good thing i get paid just as much as braindead web dev #845793857 over there
>>
>>55130472
have you written software?
>>
>>55130472
>>holy fuck there's literally an emergent language WITHIN the language
wat?
>>
>>55130418
>>55130472
So I should go on codeacademy?
>>
>>55130516
yes. i work with legacy code
>>
>>55130537
Just learn Javascript and PHP.
>>
>>55130516
yes, unfortunately

>>55130522
Template meta programming
http://blog.mattbierner.com/stupid-template-tricks-snake/

Its pretty useful until you run up against the retard who wants to be clever and creates a complete shitshow of disgusting complexity you can never debug
>muh compiletime

>>55130537
>codeacademy
Yes. Then learn React.js, MongoDB and Node.js. Congratulations you have the most desired skill set by volume in the entire tech industry.
>>
>>55130537
>>55130623
http://www.learn-php.org/
http://www.learn-js.org/
>>
>>55130643
making what?
>>
It's not. It's by far the fastest programing language in existence. But because of that it's also the hardest to learn and master. But when you do become competent enough in C++, you will be able to run your programs on more than 1 cpu thread efficiently.

This is why Chrome now has like 75% marketshare in web browsers.
>>
>>55130680
ive done gui, network and graphics programming
>>
>>55130324
/thread
>>
>>55130689

isn't c faster?
>>
>>55130700
where?
>>
>>55130689
>>55130730
stop you idiots, they both compile down to asm anyway and thats typically the closest most people go to hardware
>>
>>55130537
>>55130623
>how to be a Pajeet
>the post

>>55130418
>Software as a whole is just a fucking ugly shitshow mess in real life when you try to build anything.

Hello Pajeet, and welcome to America's H1B Visa program. Otherwise known as the "Fuck Americans with Programming that's Shit" act (FAPS).

With FAPS you may have to poo in the loo, but you can leave your code in the street.
>>
File: dog_slap.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
dog_slap.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>55130742
why would i say where i work?
>>
>>55130763
>Otherwise known as the "Fuck Americans with Programming that's Shit" act (FAPS)
pretty sure most publicly visible programming errors have been made by whitey, in spite of adhering to such rigorous standards as the JPL/NASA guidelines, MISRA C or JSF++

programming is inherently messy and nasty, its a result of their being too many tools and languages and methodologies
>>
>>55130834
You got that ass backwards, m8.

People are messy. The problem with programming languages is that it's too precise for people.
>>
>>55130856
>The problem with programming languages is that it's too precise for people

Programming languages were created by people so they are inherently messy in some way. Its particularly relevant in C++ where decades of design by committee and adhering to backwards compatibility with C have created quite the clusterfuck language.

How can anyone look at the way to implement stuff like static_if with SFINAE back in the day and call that 'precise'? It was literally a hack you tricked the compiler with.
>>
>>55130912
The precision of a formal language used to execute instructions on a computer is undeniable. Regardless of hacks.
>>
>>55130354
Yes, it'll help you understand more low level concepts.
>>
>>55130354
You'll need to learn it at some point, just make sure you're already a good programmer first. C++ is a "broad" language, it goes from high-level generic and template-oriented programming and objects to manual memory management. It's a huge "and the kitchen sink" language too.
>>
So I did basic C and C++ on uni then moved to PHP (which I deeply hate) and now I'm on C# that I find pretty comfy.

How easy will be playing around with C++, it is similar enough to C#? Besides the whole memory thing
>>
>>55130354
A lot of programs made in C++, video games, music player, web browser, video player, text editors... A lot of stuff on your system are made in C++.
Don't only ask if you should learn one language. Tell us what you want to program first.
>>
>>55132164
>Tell us what you want to program first.
This is the most important part.

I think that if he doesn't know how to program learning the basic logic in C/C++ avoids learning shit from another languages (like forced OOP, etc).

Once the basics are cover he can go to the language that best suits his projects and tastes
>>
Just use rust desu, it's the c++ of the future. Unlike c++, it's clean, high-level and functional. Like c++, it's fast as fuck and doesn't use a gc. Unlike c++, it doesn't need a runtime and has a very small minimum standard library.
>>
>>55132205
>learning the basic logic in C/C++ avoids learning shit from another languages (like forced OOP, etc).
I think that it's not only learning the basics and avoid the shits of some languages.
People should start learning C for one simple reason :
it's simple and require you to think, to create and develop your own functions instead of using existing stuff and you'll have understand what you're doing, how to manage the memory. It's important for a programmer.

People that only learn programming because it's easy to get a work in this field should commit sudoku. Because of those morrons you end with bloated code, uncommented, prone to bugs.
>>
>>55130730
Not really, it depends on how you code it.
>>
>>55130689
You do realize that firefox and IE were both written in C++, right?
>>
>>55132572
Firefox was written in a clusterfuck of programming languages with C++ sprinkled here and there.

IE was indeed written in C++ but lacks the sandbox features of chromes and has too much of a bad reputation because of how bad IE 9 was. Despite that it's still more popular than the abomination known as firefox.

The only relevant web browsers right now are IE (aka edge) and Chrome precisely because they were written in C++. Firefox shows us what a joke a web browser would be if not written entirely in C++.
>>
>>55133803
Based inbred
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.