[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cs majors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1461687959760.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1461687959760.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
Why does it seem that some of the most clueless people today with technology tend to be cs majors? I see them have more issues with hardware and software than even normal people.
>>
Nice thread OP, Apple posting yields more (you)s though. Be efficient.
>>
>>55124276
>apple posting
>>
>>55124110
Daily reminder that CS is not a degree in IT administration, computers or computer technology. I do not expect any CS graduate to have any kind of IT skills. What I do expect them to have is mathematical skills and abstract logic solving skills
>>
>>55124404

I just expect them to be able to know the difference in time complexity between operations on a linked list and an array.
>>
>>55124404
The ones I've always met have terrible problem solving skills.
>>
>>55124442
I expect them to be able to solve abstract logic problems and then find a formal proof about why their solution is internally consistent. I can barely call them a computer scientist if they cannot do this for any given problem of this kind.
>>
>>55124489

>for any given problem of this kind

So if we just made you go ask people for solutions to problems we'd run out of gold for Nobel prices?

> solve abstract logic problems

One does not "solve" problems. This is not grade school math. One reasons about them.

Sometimes when you reason about something you come up with a result that might have applications. CS is to programming what math is to physics.
>>
>>55124110
Probably because computer science has nothing to do with technology.
>>
>>55124768
Then why do they all pretend to be some kind of tech gods
>>
File: viper.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>55124768

You know even most pure mathematicians consider math to be related to technology?

read the "objections" section of the wikipedia article for set theory.

Trying to deny computer science has anything to do with real computers and practical problems is delusional faggotry.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.