[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suggestions on a an AMP/DAC setup that would allow me to easily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 71UthL6A8vL._SX522_.jpg (32 KB, 522x522) Image search: [Google]
71UthL6A8vL._SX522_.jpg
32 KB, 522x522
Suggestions on a an AMP/DAC setup that would allow me to easily switch between Sennheiser HD 598's and Micca MB42X bookshelf speakers?
>>
File: WhitePBTMasterRace.jpg (718 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WhitePBTMasterRace.jpg
718 KB, 1920x1080
>>55123205
Modi 2 Uber (DAC) and Magni 2 Uber (amp).

You can use the Modi 2 Uber has USB, TOSLINK, and RCA inputs.
Magni 2 Uber has RCA inputs for L/R, and RCA outputs for L/R.
Magni 2 Uber can act as a pre-amp, so you can control the volume with the Magni. When you plug in your 598's it automatically shuts off the preamp outputs and is now an amp for the headphones.

I have the Modi 2 Uber and Magni 2 Uber and can recommend them, damn fine pieces of equipment. Haven't used them for speakers yet but I'm looking into buying some bookshelf speakers maybe A2+.
>>
Get an SMSL SD793ii and an SA60 or A2
>>
>>55123271

I was looking at the modi/magni a while back as I've seen a lot of good things about them and Schiit in general. The problem was the non-powered speakers. I could go with some A2+'s like you mentioned, but I haven't used them firsthand so I'm not sure what exactly to expect.
>>
>>55123342
Ah yeah, they need to be powered speakers, that's the catch with using just the Modi/Magni.
>>
>>55123205
Dac isnt needed
Get a shitty t amp like a dumb nigger
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.