[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
isCurrentSquareNextToAtLeastOneBloc kedSquare()
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: no.png (22 KB, 924x135) Image search: [Google]
no.png
22 KB, 924x135
isCurrentSquareNextToAtLeastOneBlockedSquare()
>>
>>55122138
There is nothing worse in this world than lowerCamelCase.
>>
>>55122138
Still better than

> isCurSqNext2AtLst1Blkd
>>
>>55122138

boundaryCheck()
>>
isNextToBlocked()
>>
>>55123359

Oh, god, the people I work with do this. It takes me more time to figure out what the fuck it is supposed to be that actually fixing anything.

It's not 1991 anymore. We don't need tiny names so we can fit our program on a 5.25" floppy.
>>
>>55123485
Quit.
>>
>>55123485
It's even worse when they don't comment anything of what they do, no matter how fucking convoluted it is.

Honestly, long names aren't a big problem, not with today's computer resources anyway. OP's case is pretty fucking extreme though, and it gets to a point where you should really be rethinking what you name your methods and functions.
>>55123403
>>55123430
These 2 nailed it pretty well and kept it easy to understand.
>>
InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonWindowNotFocusedState
SimpleBeanFactoryAwareAspectInstanceFactory
AbstractSingletonProxyFactoryBean

SimpleBeanFactoryAwareAspectInstanceFactory: it's a factory that makes factories, it contains the word simple.
AbstractSingletonProxyFactoryBean: a proxy factory bean for you to subclass so that you can proxy factory beans that create singletons.
>>
>>55122138
I do that too. The alternative would be writing comments
>>
>>55123403
Terrible name. What is it checking? Does this return something?
>>
>>55123430
pefect
>>
When I'm writing shell scripts I try to be as verbose as possible.

get_and_verify_project_path_e

I put _e at the end of functions that echo, _m for functions that do file system modifications, etc.
>>
>>55122138
I'll take this over the absolutely retarded POSIX function names. Just take a look at ftw. Fucking ftw. The fuck is that supposed to do? Why couldn't they name it fileTreeWalk do that a person reading the code could have a general idea about its effect? No, it had to be ftw, nothing longer could satisfy gnutards or whoever else was in charge of that.
>>
atoi()
strtoul()
mbstowcs()
>>
>>55129443
ascii to ingerer
string to unsigned long
multibytestring to wcs? not sure
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.