[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Touch Typing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Hello /g/entoomen

I'll be brief, I never learned how to touch type and feel pretty shitty for looking down at my keyboard.
What courses/programs do you recommend to learn?
>>
>>55115421
> Get a keyboard without any letters on it.
> Get into arguments on the internet.

You'll learn quickly.
>>
>>55115421
Just look up from the keyboard

If you've been typing for any nonzero amount of time then you basically already know how to touch type, you're just not doing it out of habit.

>>>/g/sqt
>>
>>55115441
keked hard

>>55115421
the picture is not how i do it..

my best guess is that you should do this:
1. learn where all the keys are
2. start using only the middle row to create words like "fag" or "bass" and so on, get a feeling where your fingers are on the middle row and what fingers you want to use/feel most comfortable using
3. start using the top row next.. making combinations of top and middle row
4. start using bottom too

i dont know what the fuck this picture is about. i could never use my left ring finger to hit the x. it would kill my hand. i use my left pointer for the x actually, for example.
>>
>>55115495
also f and j should have litle knobs or whatever on them. put your two pointers on those keys as a starting position
>>
>>55115495
No idea either, something I found on google images.

Something elese I found through google, typingclub.com, seems pretty neat, I'll be giving that a try.
>>
>>55115495
You're a two/four finger pecker. That's only half a step above hunt and pecking, bro.

OP: probably not a great idea to listen to this guy's advice.
>>
Type however you feel comfortable not how people force you to type. I type with the garbage as fuck pecking at my keyboard method. Easily 130wpm. Just have to do whatever feels comfortable and nice, then do it for a long long time.
>>
>>55115421
just stop looking at the keys and after a week or two youll get it
>>
https://archive.org/details/msdos_Mario_Teaches_Typing_1992
>>
>>55115421
For the longest time I was like you and couldn't touch type, I always had to look down at the keys to type accurately.

I got fed up and vowed not to look down ever again. I also used a website called typingweb.com which, apparently, is now typing.com. That website had a huge impact on my typing speed. Now, I just go onto typeracer.com to get some practice every now and again. Good luck anon.
>>
>>55115421
I suggest you to start with Colemak, the one true keyboard layout. Either that or Dvorak.
>>
>>55115548
i use 8 fingers and 1 thumb. i type 130 words per minute
>>
>>55115421
world of warcraft
>>
Want are the standard fingers for the alt and super/windows keys?
>>
>>55115421
Not a very professional method, but I just use my indexes to type, following the same distinction line for the two hands as your picture. Pinkies press shift, ctrl, alt, tab and maj buttons, and accents (Puisque je suis bilingue français) are handled by my right index.

It certainly won't get you to 100+ or even 90+ WPM, but it's a simple way to tye, quick to memorize and still makes you faster than most people.

Also, gayman helps.
>>
>>55115979
I get up to 80 WPM normally and 87 maximum by the way.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.