[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Egpu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: egpu.jpg (155 KB, 1279x853) Image search: [Google]
egpu.jpg
155 KB, 1279x853
Ive got a laptop with an i5200u. I want to upgrade the graphics by unplugging the wireless card and plugging in a gtx 960 with an adapter. How bad is my i5 going to bottle neck the gpu? And how much will the performance suffer overall since the adapter converts the pcie to pcie mini?
>>
Depending on what sort of adapter you get, you can be limited from anywhere between x1 to x4 speeds.
>>
>>55110984
assuming you mean an i5 5200u, it should bottleneck around 20% the performance, your cpu have the same performance of my 2520m, everything should run at decent framerate, don't expect desktop pc performance btw
>>
>>55111134
>don't expect desktop pc performance btw
so egpus really were just a meme?
>>
>>55112288
No, they're a great way of improving graphics performance without shelling out for a full desktop rig. But, you do need a CPU that can handle the games that you play, and a 2.5-2.7GHz Broadwell dual core isn't exactly amazing.
>>
Cant wait for USB-C non-proprietary docks.
>>
>>55112374
Fukken aye.
http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/xconnect
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.