[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was thinking of posting this on /a/ but I have an actual technical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1466054624064.png (583 KB, 1108x1600) Image search: [Google]
1466054624064.png
583 KB, 1108x1600
I was thinking of posting this on /a/ but I have an actual technical question relating to anime. Why do the chink creators still release anime at 720p and 24fps? Why is it so difficult to make something of good quality like 4k and 60fps?
>>
>>55110459
It's easier and cheaper to animate scenes at a 720 resolution, because there's less to draw and animate. They'd have to anime 150% many frames to go from 24 to 60 frames per second. That shit adds up.
>>
>>55110459
Because that would mean having to do more drawings.
>>
>>55110459
Increasing the resolution and framerate of normal video just takes a better camera. Increasing the resolution and framerate of animation takes more work from the animators. Doubling the framerate means drawing twice as many pictures.

By the way, most anime isn't actually 24 FPS. Step through the file frame by frame and you will see that things move only every few frames. Animation is usually done at 12 FPS or even lower. Only one anime movie has ever been done entirely at 24 FPS: Akira.

This thread definitely belongs on /a/ rather than /g/.
>>
>>55110506
Its not actually more work to animate at 4k, it just takes better computers to render at the same speed.
>>
>>55110459
>4k and 60fps
Huge filesizes and tiny audiences. Also, there's the whole "good enough" thing with twelve frames to perceive motion and 24 to avoid flickering.
>>55110550
This topic could be extended to all media, not just the terrible moving Chinese cartoons. There seems to be a growing amount of neckbeards of all inclinations asking why we haven't hit critical mass for 4k yet and an as always large portion of the unwashed masses asking why we're still using 24 frames per second in stead of sixty.
>>
Some other person said most tvs in Japan are 720p as well, and only big titles are animated in 1080p.
>>
Since it's at least sort of on-topic, what are some /g/ mangas?
>>
>>55110459
Fuck off
>>>/a/
>>
>>55112545
SICP
>>
>>55112545
Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>55112545
SE
>>
>>55110459
I don't know anything about ChineseTVripper which you use but quality depends on original source.
You probably just know nothing how digital animation actually work or anything about media industries.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.