[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>writing a program in C >tfw you realize all this OOP boilerplate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: wasamistake.png (152 KB, 1948x858) Image search: [Google]
wasamistake.png
152 KB, 1948x858
>writing a program in C
>tfw you realize all this OOP boilerplate you're used to writing is useless
>>
>>55104376
This is why you learrn C and how to make good programs first
then you can learn how to fucked up everything with retarded paradigm made by low iq researchers.
I don't know why people are still doing this in glorious <current_year>.
>>
using structs and passing pointers to them as parameters is basically OOP senpai, you're just making it harder
>>
>>55104407
>being this wrong
>>
>>55104411
>saying someone's wrong
>not explaining why
>>
>>55104421
using structs isn't objects passing messages
>>
>>55104376
>subhuman
always gets me
>>
>>55104376

BB's first C programm:
>Oh neat, OOP is soo overrated!

Writing a bigger C programm:
>Oh shit, whre does this variable come from?

Writing large scale application:
>Hmm, I should consider encapsulation and loosely coupled programm structures..

Go ahead and devellop in C. That way you will learn a big deal about Java's Desing concepts and why Java (not C) is the industry standard...
>>
>>55104823
Java is used by Pajeets to code fart apps in Android. C is used to write Linux.
>>
>>55104823
>java
every time.
Just use C++ you nigger
>>
>>55104874
>>55104903

M-muh C/C++ is so superior!

If only those meatheads at industry could see it's complex and intriguing.. AAH ! Bufferoverflow, fuckfuckfuck!!! I should run Valgrind again...
>>
If you think OOP is boilerplate, you've been using it wrong.
>>
>>55104376
>subhuman
>>
a
>>
>>55104376
If you start learning programming with an OOP language then your programming will invariably be a pile of shit.

If you start with a functional language and then move to OOP then your programming will be glorious.

The problem is that people/courses are skipping functional programming and diving straight into OOP because that is where the jobs are and people want to learn what will get them hired, so they end up with a shitty base of how to program.
>>
OOP IN LOO
>>
>>55104376
C is for seriously constrained enviroments and legacy code.
Ada is for serious systems programming.
Use Java/C#/Python/whatever for application programming.
>>
>>55104823
Woops, meant to say C++, not Java.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.