[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking /v/ has failed me. Little stuck up bastards.... SO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (56 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
56 KB, 1920x1080
Fucking /v/ has failed me. Little stuck up bastards....

SO since this is aoftware related, I come to you today for knowledge.

I was using xsplit for a while to stream. Never had any real issues with it. Thought maybe the quality could have been a little bit better. However I had a friend turn me on to OBS. I have been using it to stream and it is equally ok. I haven't had anyone complain about my video studdering when I'm live. However, when I go back and look at the archived version of my stream. Every 10 to 20 seconds you will see a slight pause in the video. Never in the audio however. Any idea why this would be happening only on twitches archive of the video? Not the live version, not my personal archive.
>>
>not my personal archive
Then I'd be more likely to blame the data transfer from your PC to Twitch, of which OBS is only one of many components. If you can't push data at a high bitrate it's possible for the video to suck while the audio remains fine.

Could be OBS. Could be something else. You're going to need to tweak stuff to see what changes.
>>
>>55103082
I was afraid of this.. guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. Well, today really. Thanks
>>
>>55103126
Knock down your bitrate a touch and keep an eye on dropped frames. Good luck.
>>
>>55103147
I was reading that it is important to play the game in the same quality as your stream. So for instance. 720 stream needs to be played in 720 on game. This true?
>>
>>55103203
No, you can downscale it, and it will look great, just make sure that you can read what's important on the screen if any text is important. You should be able to play your game at 1080p and stream it at 720p.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.