[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking to set up some really loud sound output at about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: clio-emt-speaker.png (57 KB, 344x282) Image search: [Google]
clio-emt-speaker.png
57 KB, 344x282
I'm looking to set up some really loud sound output at about 25-30 kHz. What is the highest dB I can get at that frequency, and what equipment would I need?

Can I reach something like 120 dB?
>>
>>55100779
Check out the construction of air raid sirens.
Sky's the limit.
>>
>>55100843
Those are fairly low frequency. I'm thinking of something that's almost beyond human hearing range.
>>
>>55100779
Why?
do you want to destroy dog hearing?
>>
>>55100884
No I need a dog to hear it over about 300 meters.
>>
>>55100884
You can also destroy human hearing with shit like this
>>
>>55100912
What would be really loud then, but not painful?
>>
>>55100880
You can alter the design to make it a multiple of the original and use high RPM motors. Also due to the higher frequencies they can get a lot more compact.

If this is you >>55100907 then take in consideration >>55100912 and find a better way to call your dog, like a wireless collar with a speaker or something.
>>
>>55100779
I'm going to guess that OP has an inconsiderate neighbor who has a dog that barks for hours at a time.
>>
>>55101035
Well, killing everyone within range of an ultrasound death beam doesn't sound like the optimal solution.
>>
>>55100958
>alter the design to make it a multiple of the original
What do you mean? Get two sirens, put them together and increase the RPM?

What about this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Vixen-Horns-Electric-Compact-VXS-9060C/dp/B01CILWRTK

>>55101035
I love dogs and don't want to hurt them, especially when it's the owner that's usually at fault.
>>
>>55101169
Jeez, forget sirens.

Look up making your own loudspeakers. 'Horn loaded' is probably what you want specifically.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.