[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, about to buy a 512gb Samsung 950 pro m.2 for my os and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Samsung950ProCar_678x452.jpg (55 KB, 678x410) Image search: [Google]
Samsung950ProCar_678x452.jpg
55 KB, 678x410
Hey /g/, about to buy a 512gb Samsung 950 pro m.2 for my os and important programs, but when I put all the parts together in pcpp, there was an incompatibility between my motherboard (Asus x99 deluxe II) and the drive. That doesn't make sense to me because it os compatible with the last x99 deluxe mobo so is there any truth to this, or was that just a glitch in the website?
>>
Not all M.2 SSD's are notched the same.
>>
one or more of your sata ports will not work, that should be the only incompatibility.
>>
>>55096656
Yup, it'll disable 1 or 2 sata ports, but that's it
>>
>>55096656
>>55096702
That's what I figured. I think I can live with 6/8 sata ports, just barely though. But overall, it will theoretically work as a primary storage device?
>>
>>55096622
Wow I bought like a $110 motherboard that can do m.2 x4. Yours is four times the price!
>>
>>55096757
Yes I'm running a 250GB one in my 5820k build as my boot drive
>>
>>55096771
Yeah, I like a lot of the features on the board. But if you think this board is expensive, check out the msi x99A godlike carbon mobo. I can't justify that cost
>>
>>55096793
Looks like I'm pulling the trigger. So far, how has it been? I'm pretty excited to test it out.
>>
>>55096840
It's slower on boot up because it requires more steps in the POST process (PCI initialization). Once you're loaded into Windows however it's very fast, loads applications very quickly and large file transfers are a breeze.

Really depends on your workload how much you'll notice it in your day to day tasks
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.