[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Veracrypt or Truecrypt 7.1a?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: VmgvHT6P.png (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
VmgvHT6P.png
42 KB, 512x512
Veracrypt or Truecrypt 7.1a?
>>
WHICH IS IT
>>
>>55088468
Veracrypt but still no audit
>>
>>55088509
Wouldn't it be best to use 7.1a then?
>>
>>55088468
It is based on it anyway, so I'd go for the newer version and not the stagnating one I guess.
>>
>>55088542
Still, read this

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/72249/is-there-a-reason-to-use-truecrypt-over-veracrypt
>>
>>55088468

LUKS
>>
Truecrypt 7.1a
with no hesitation
>>
>>55088468
Bitlocker
>>
The true (^^) question is , where to find an authentic copy of truecrypt 7.1a
with sha1sum
and GPG key verify
>>
>>55088794
dump shit bitlocker
the key go to crosoft server
>>
>>55088800
https://www.grc.com/misc/truecrypt/truecrypt.htm
>>
TrueCrypt is suspected to be compromised after the developed caved in. Anyone still using it for security should be shot. Its got a good history of audit, but that won't matter if the main problem of critical backdoor/issue is there.

Alternatively, there is no guarantee Veracrypt has fixed those compromised issues. Its simply an iteration on top of TrueCrypt, which is no longer maintained.

So here's how I see it. If TrueCrypt is compromised, chances are VeraCrypt is too. In which case, its simply better to use an updated software rather than abandonware.

Alternatively, use Bitlocker and you are guaranteed to be unsecure.
>>
How about try not being a pedo and then you won't have to worry about encryption
>>
>>55088780

https://packetstormsecurity.com/files/135189/TrueCrypt-7.1a-7.2-DLL-Hijacking.html
>>
>>55089026
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/04/02/truecrypt-audit-phase-ii-completed-4-vulnerabilities-identified/
>>
>>55089026
>If an attacker places the above named DLLs in the users "Downloads"
directory

in other words, if someone hacked you, they also hacked your truecrypt. by the time someone hacked me, truecrypt will be the least of your problems.

go fuck off faggot
>>
>>55090401
Isnt this the sole purpose of encrypting your data? For the time when your system is compromised?
>>
>>55090442
what? when my system is compromised, i dont encrypt it but delete everything
>>
>>55088468
>Current year
>Not using LUKS
>>
>>55090480
zero idea what your talking about so ill give you a scenario. Your data is encrypted with truecrypt. Your system is compromised.....your data is now compromised. Assuming this vulnerability only works if the system is compromised before hand; Your system is compromised obviously you don't know it. you install truecrypt encrypt data.....your data is still compromised.
>>
>>55088739
>>55090488
This.
>>
>>55090546
>zero idea what your talking about so ill give you a scenario.
Alright
>Your data is encrypted with truecrypt.
Cool
>Your system is compromised.
DELETE EVERYTHING

>Assuming this vulnerability only works if the system is compromised before hand;
no what needs to happen is this:
there needs to be a hacked version of any of those dll files inside of your "Downloads" directory on windows: USP10.dll, RichEd20.dll,
NTMarta.dll and SRClient.dll
only then, if t hose dll's are inside of the directory, they will be executed at the TrueCrypt installation and install malicious software.

but how do hacked dll files get into your "Downloads" directory in the first place? the website said "per drive-by download or social engineering". but if i have the chance to drive-by someone, why would i bother using this shitty truecrypt-installation-dll-hijacking method? I might aswell install some other virus directly on the users system.

ALSO THIS ONLY WORKS FOR WINDOWS. STOP USING WINDOWS
>>
>>55088780
This
>>
>>55088468
>Veracrypt or Truecrypt 7.1a?
Truecrypt for lyfe
I can't trust veraxrypt with my shit
>>
>>55090600
Ahhhh ok i get it your physic and automatically know when a system is compromised, my bad. btw what are next weeks lotto numbers?
>I might aswell install some other virus directly on the users system.
.............what? So there is another exploit to get passed truecrypt's encryption? Is that not more reason to stop using it?
>>
>>55088794
DESIGNATED
>>
>>55090660
>>
>>55090687
>>>/b/
>>
>>55090755
>>>/out/
>>
>>55090670
XD!
>>
>>55090670
SHITTING
>>
File: good option.jpg (865 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
good option.jpg
865 KB, 608x1070
>>55090687
>.jpg
>diylol.com
pic related
>>
>>55088519
Dunno. There are so many cucks who have downgraded to Winblows 10. Does 7.1a work on Winblows 10?
>>
>>55090947
no idea what you are saying. youre using jpg too
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.