[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Innovative Ideas Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: pmoly.jpg (74 KB, 463x372) Image search: [Google]
pmoly.jpg
74 KB, 463x372
A data structure that stores n-dimensional data points in concentric n-spheres in which they are sorted by angle to the origin
>>
>>55084405
>concentric n-spheres in which they are sorted by angle to the origin
they would have to be sorted by radial shell, since there are an infinite number of angular positions but a fixed number of shells
>>
>>55084441
Nice alteration. We'll make millions!
>>
>>55084405
postgres can do that
>>
File: fogr.png (177 KB, 315x290) Image search: [Google]
fogr.png
177 KB, 315x290
I think we should have a data structure which is stored in as coordinates of a sphere. Then, using the Banach-Tarski theorem, we can actually get clone() for free because alls we gotta do is decompose the original data ball and put it together in a different way, maybe with a scramble() method. Then we will get up to infinite number of data balls. Then if we need to we can add data to a specific ball and then cut that one into lots of pieces and rearrange and get a chain of Banach Tarski Balls. keep in mind all operations on this data structure are free. At worst, it might degrade to O(n+m+o+p+...+z(log(z)) where z is the last ball and there are equal terms to number of balls.
>>
Just finished calc 3, did we, OP?
>>
File: I wonder who.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
I wonder who.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>55084458
more like ILL MAKE BILLIONS
>>
>>55084573
Nice try. Everyone knows the problem of decomposing a Banach-Tarski data ball is NP-Complete.
>>
>>55084643
yeah but you see P = NP so P/P = N implies N =1 so again this whole structure is constant, and free.
>>
innovative ideas tend to solve an actual problem. not just roll in their own self-satisfaction in how smart their idea seems.

good thing to keep in mind.
>>
>>55084732
Tell that to functional programming :^)
>>
>>55084732
wew lad
>>
>>55084765
i will

:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
>>
Designated shitting streets for your programs.

Instead of deallocating the memory used for unneeded data, the programs leave it as "poo". When the address space gets full of "poo", special software cleans it up.
>>
>>55084732
You fail to understand the phrase "innovative idea". tbhfam OP didn't say functional.

As self-celebratory as it is, there is nothing wrong with proposing something unusual especially since this tends to cause important paradigm shifts.
>>
>>55084765
>>55085026
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>55085147
how is this better than gahbage collection
>>
>>55085147
also nobody cleans designated shitting streets
>>
>>55085147
>Isn't that just garba-
Oh. Nice one anon
>>
>>55085026
>:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)

>using the smiley with a carat carat carat carat carat carat carat carat carat carat carat carat carat carat carat carat carat carat nose
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.