[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fell for the Dvorak meme. Figured it would be a good security
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Fell for the Dvorak meme.

Figured it would be a good security measure against keyloggers and people trying to use my computer.

My typing speed is ~50 when it was ~92 on QWERTY. Also, using a typewriter and other people's computers in inconvenient.

Should I switch back?
>>
Nah keep using it
>>
>>55081270
What was your typing speed the first week you tried QWERTY?
>>
My opinion on Dvorak is that it IS better... but not good enough to warrant everyone prying themselves away from QWERTY.

That and if you ever need to use another machine, you're gonna be using QWERTY anyway. And you either won't be able to switch keyboard layouts, or it'll be a pain in the ass to do it.

I am pretty fine with using QWERTY.
>>
>>55081270
I used it for a month or so. The improvement on my typing speed began to slow down dramatically after a few weeks and I still wasn't typing nearly as fast as I could on qwerty. It's kind of a waste of time.
>>
File: smugstack.gif (952 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
smugstack.gif
952 KB, 500x425
>Dvorak
>not Colemak, Workman or Plover Stenographic
>>
>>55081489
>Colemak

a winner is you

Colemak is superior
>>
>>55081489
>not using qgmlwy or other carpalx variant
>>
>>55081270
All studies show Dvorak is slower than QWERTY. However, they also showed that users experience less discomfort. Use QWERTY if you want to type faster, use DVORAK if you want to save yourself from RSI.
>>
>>55081270
How do you WASD on that thing? o.O
>>
>>55082873
are you retarded use <aoe
>>
>>55081270
don't keyloggers still undertand a letter no matter where the key is located?
>>
>>55082267
Wut. Proof?
>>
>not using azerty
>>
Stop and switch to colemak. Best layout for the English language, period.
>>
>>55083753
Yes
>>
>>55081270
>Figured it would be a good security measure against keyloggers

keyloggers don't work that way friendo
>>
>>55081489
Currently learning Workman here
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.