[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question about the 480. I always see people saying that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: chest-workout4224.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
chest-workout4224.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
Serious question about the 480. I always see people saying that the 10x0 don't sell for msrp, but assume the 480 will. What's the logic behind this?
>>
>>55079526
rip scooby
>>
>>55079526
There's going to be a lot more than 20K 480s
>>
>>55079823
When the Fury X or w/e came out they had issues because they couldn't actually make enough to supply retailers.
Not so much that the demand was high, but the supply was pathetically low.
>>
>>55079526
>I always see people saying that the 10x0 don't sell for msrp, but assume the 480 will.

10x0 already confirmed by nVidia for tryhard "founder's edition" pricing. They claim OEMs will make cheaper cards but they have no reason to, it's much more likely the OEM cards will be even more expensive because that's how competition works.

AMD doesn't do shit like this. Their first-party card will be $200 and third party cards will be forced to compete on the same price point.
>>
>>55081080
>it will be $200
you realize the msrp and what retailers charge are different things, right?
>>
>>55079526
480 is a smaller chip, easier to produce in larger numbers, therefore it is much less likely to have supply problems that the 10x0 cards have.

Also, they aren't doing "Founders Edition" bullshit to jack the prices up by 25%.
>>
>>55081059
That's what happened to the 10xx cards and why they're sold out everywhere
>>
>>55081753
So you're basing this off sheer speculation and nothing else?
>>
>>55079526
RIP Scooby
>>
>>55082012
Smaller dies are vastly easier to produce and you get more of them out of a wafer. If you can trim your die down by 25% your yields might go up an extra 200%.

Polaris is a very small die and they aren't targeting super aggressive clocks like nvidia.
>>
>>55079805
the fuck are you talking about he uploaded yesterday
>>
>>55082175
/fit/ is forcing a meme that he died in the shootings.
>>
>>55079526
Come back Scoobs ;_;
>>
People are annoying as fuck when it comes to pricing hardware

They say $200 but what they mean is $200 without VAT and no import tax as a recommended price

Then it's $250.. For the cheap version.. And $300 for the one people really want.

Then you add import taxes and you get the real price. Bullshit all over.
>>
See you in the next life scooby, you were too good for this one. R.I.P.
>>
Scooby died??
>>
>>55082993
>just finding this out
you heartless monster
>>
File: 1.jpg (22 KB, 456x384) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
22 KB, 456x384
>>55082358
What? No we aren't.
>>
>>55082936
Youre retarded.
>>
>>55085192
he's right tho
>>
>>55085395
No, they give prices for the U.S because they're based in the U.S. obviously they aren't going to tell a bunch of Americans the price in Euros.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.