[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Project Scorpio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Xbox-E3-2016-987_575px.jpg (44 KB, 678x449) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-E3-2016-987_575px.jpg
44 KB, 678x449
Has Xbox lost it's fucking mind? A console capable of VR is going to cost a fucking fortune.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10418/microsoft-teases-project-scorpio-for-2017-8-cores-6-teraflops-backwards-compatible-with-xbox-zen-or-jaguar
>>
MS got spanked so hard by Sony & PS4, they have to go big or go home
>>
>Console supposed to have 6 TFLOPS throughput and come out at the end of next year
>RX 480 has 5.5 TFLOPS and come out by the end of this month at $199
No reason to think that they can't sell the XB1 at around $399 when it launches...
>>
>>5507912
It will support 4k at 60fps. I think it will be at least $500+
>>
Well it's coming Q4 2017 and will have AMD's Zen CPU and GPU. It looks more like Zen has an amazing price/performance ratio.
>>
>>55079039
well fug, the console makers are actually finally getting serious to create a non shitbox. A console like this may even be able to compete with a mediocre gaming pc, if against the 480, even allow for normal VR functionality.

I am not sure if these fucks are listening to use here on the internet or if they derived to this conclusion themselves. But this is what we have been saying all this time. The previous consoles are complete and utter garbage in regards to anything futuristic. So while it may be more expensive, it being mass produced will probably mean that it will be able to compete with actual pc's now.

So...well done MS. I am kinda proud of you. Finally you may have finally abandoned this utter garbage damage control around the "24 frames smooth as silk (may dip below 20)"
>>
Doubt it, they can probably get away with a $500 price tag on it. The issue is getting people to upgrade so soon after the Xbox One, even with the VR.
>>
Not sure of the exact numbers but doesnt a 3.5 TFLOPS GTX 970 compete with a 5 TFLOP R9 390?
>>
>>55079445
Spencer said when it launches it will be a side product next to Xbox One and Xbox One Slim. They will coexist for some time. I think this 4K console might live longer then.

Projection is that by 2024 a US household has at least one 4k device that's why manufacturers are starting early.
>>
>>55079039
Nah it just proves that AMD hasn't been blowing smoke. Microsoft wouldn't have pulled this out without working samples from AMD first. It will be $399 like their consoles historically are. Sell at loss first, gain it back in time. The older models will knock down to $199 like when the 360 revision came out.
>>
>>55079535
>It will be $399 like their consoles historically are. Sell at loss first, gain it back in time.
Not sure that will be the case. This can and probably will be marketed as a premium product.
>>
Based on console history we should take these things with a grain of salt not until we know more info like what exact chips are going into it
>>
>>55079039
Why do you think they're waiting until next year? They're going to use a Zen APU with HBM on package
>>
>>55079858
That would make a large amount of sense actually. It would give them both the additional bandwidth to avoid bottlenecking the better GPU and would give them the bandwidth expected by the games specifically designed for the weird edram thing the xbone has without having to resort to a similarly expensive solution again.
>>
You're all cunts.

I've had to shell out coin for all the three this generation consoles as I don't want my spoilt child to feel left out.

Now I'll have to go get a pay day loan and buy this, a PS4K and a fucking massive 4k television because you lot have bitched that the current game shitboxes aren't 4k capable.

Either sick to a PC or shut the fuck up.

I'm off to sell a kidney and pimp out the wife.

£30 for plate, £40 for straight and £100 for anal.
>>
File: 1929703567.jpg (13 KB, 295x300) Image search: [Google]
1929703567.jpg
13 KB, 295x300
>>55080136
>Terribad troll is terribad
2/10 you'll get replies not unlike mine.
>>
>>55079063
>Sony
Did Sony do anything for E3? I haven't seen anything about anything except for what fa/g/g/ots posted about the xbone2.
>>
>>55079858
I doubt they will use HBM at all
>>
>>55080251
They were meant to show the Neo but pulled out at the last minute because its specs are shit compared to scorpio (4TF vs 6TF) etc
>>
>>55079039
>VR is going to cost a fucking fortune

What meme is this that makes people think VR costs a fortune?
>>
>>55080136
Maybe you need to stop buying shit for your wife's son...
>>
>>55082872
It's true you fucking retard
On PC it's close to 2000$ for a decent VR-capable PC and Vive
In consoles case, the VR goggles cost pretty much twice as much as the console itself
>>
>>55082976
>In consoles case, the VR goggles cost pretty much twice as much as the console itself
>just 600 dollars
>you even get a free xbox controller!
It wouldn't cost THAT much if they didn't go turbojew about it.
>>
>>55079039
That's why it's not replacing the base model. You're going to be able to spend as much as money as you want for as much performance as you want.

Much like a PC...
>>
>>55079274
lolno
Even high end desktop GPUs have problems with 4k @ 60hz
>>
>>55083093
At max settings they do and without the impressive optimization that console devs put in. Remember that GTAV ran on 360 and PS3? Yea.

Scorpio/Neo won't be running max detail 4k shit, but they certainly can pull off low/med 4k.
>>
>>55080136
Wtf is plate
>>
>>55082976
>On PC it's close to 2000$ for a decent VR-capable PC and Vive

for a VR-capable laptop, maybe.

for a desktop I'm sure the system could be under $1000 if you take what you would've paid for monitors, keyboard, mouse & speakers and put that toward the HMD instead. Most decent monitors are 200-300 and people use two or more
>>
>>55083119
And on PS4 and XBOX it ran at 30fps, upscaled from whatever non 1080 res either console uses
No fucking way this thing puts out proper 4k at 60hz. Maybe upscaled 2k or something and even then I bet most games will be 30fps anyways
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.