[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here it is fuckers. Now how the hell do I take it out, wanna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160613_212156.jpg (3 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160613_212156.jpg
3 MB, 3024x4032
Here it is fuckers.
Now how the hell do I take it out, wanna use dips but this cunt is super glued in there.

Thoughts so far:
It's useless, at least with the stock pocket chip software. Weak settings, a terminal emulator, super basic text editor and a file browser. Works off of the actual debian Jessie repositories as well as custom chip repos, so all that delicious armhf debian stuff is available.
Keyboard is surprisingly not terrible, works better then expected and has all the keys you need, 100% size, kinda weird layout, but usable.
Resistive touch screen is OK, not good, not terrible. The edges of the screen can't be used, and the file browser and terminal emulator were NOT designed with that in mind, they're just ports of existing packages.
Installing ice weasel and deluge right now.

AMA
>>
>glued in
wait really?
>>
>>55068291
How much?
>>
and also
>falling for the allwinner meme
>>
>>55068291
Know of any way to convert a raspberry pi or other small camera to work with it?

I'd like to use it since the hardware looks to be more powerful than a raspberry pi and it's cheaper, but if there's no support then I'll have to live with the more expensive option.
>>
i thought it has wifi built in, why are you using an adapter? also can you try running minetest.

also interested in wondering how fast it can browse the boards with iceweasel.
>>
>>55068342
i think the only thing you would need to do is make the drivers for the touchscreen and keyboard compatible with the rip
>>
>>55068291
Isn't it supposed to have Wi-Fi built-in?
>>
>>55068367
Shit I'm drunk. I meant make a camera intended for a raspbery pi work with the CHIP.
>>
>>55068301
(his frail little internet fingers are to weak to pry the chip out)
>>
>>55068301
No, it's just hard to take out

>>55068342
Maybe? The pi's camera is through a port that this doesn't have, but there are extremely small USB webcams, I'm sure you could work it out

>>55068347
It does, I'm trying to get aircrack working and I don't want to fuck with the built in one for that

>>55068445
That is correct
>>
>>55068291

I got mine today too OP.

I love that it doesn't come with a browser, video player, etc. It's a return to general purpose computing. It's the sort of computer I would have loved to have when I was 10 or 11.

I think it will be a huge hit in schools
>>
>>55068314
9 for the chip
15 for the hdmi hat
30 for the pocket chip

>>55068347
replying on it on iceweasel right now. its surprisingly snapy but kinda cramped
>>
Protip: don't go on youtube with iceweasel. It takes a little while to close the tab after your mistake.
>>
>>55068595
i usually have /g/ open in catalog view in a narrow window with about 3-4 posts per row, if it can handle that i'll be happy
>>
>>55068564
For sure, it's not very useful with what comes on it, but it's still getting started, I think the pocketchip itself only went into production a couple months ago, so we're probably going to see a bunch of software over time. Though I don't know how good it can get with this tiny ass screen, iceweasel looks bad, like, really bad. I really doubt it'll be good for much else then gameboy emulators and text documents.
>>
>>55068676
Yeah it can do that, you'll have to zoom out a little bit as the default zoom level can only do 2 posts per row, but it looks fine like this.
>>
>>55068291
good wifi adapter for hacking wifi
>>
File: butthead.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
butthead.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>55068798

>promiscuous mode
>>
> Installed Deluge-GTK
> Half of the UI is off the screen and the cursor doesn't even render
was kinda expecting that, what do I use instead?
>>
>>55068959

transmission-cli
>>
>build device that is less powerful than smartphone counterpart of the same price

m-muh DIY kustom made pentesting system
>>
anybody got an idea if there is any display for the chip that is powered trough the gpios available for purchase?
besides buying a pocketchip obviously
>>
>>55069194

i think you're misunderstanding what GPIOs are
>>
>>55069194
why not use the one it comes with
>>
>>55068291
what a waste of a WN-722N
>>
>>55068347
It doesn't seem to run minetest at the moment, possibly pulse's fault, can't confirm. Looks like it hangs right after "GLSL version: 1.2" anybody know what the log looks like for starting minetest?
>>
>>55069205
meant the onboard pins

docs.getchip.com/chip.html#physical-connectors

>>55069211
mine didn't come with a display since its just a 9 dollar chip not a pocketchip

im looking for something like this:
adafruit.com/product/1601

or am i better off using the composite video out with a small car display?
>>
>>55068595
>>55068314
Isn't the pocket CHIP 50 bucks?

>>55068291
Just install a more full featured distro then
>>
>>55068291
>see thread
>get home
>nothing awaits me

Fuck these guys.
>>
Finally got the chip out of the pocketchip, turns out I'm just weak. The battery is stuck inside the pocket chip with a little adhesive pad, so fuck you NTC.
>>55069456
I paid $64 for the chip, the HDMI adapter and the pocket chip when I backed it, I know it rose in price from there, ATM is 50 and looks like it'll go up even more. Did my math wrong back there, actually paid 40 then for the pocketchip and the battery. (I'm including the battery as part of the pocketchip from now on because you can't take that fucker out without ruining something)
>>
>>55069525
It's probably glued down so it doesn't rattle around man
>>
>>55069533
The whole thing is put together with clips, kind of annoying that the only thing they didn't clip in is the battery, literally the only thing besides the chip I want to remove. Whatever, I'll just order another battery OH WAIT THEY DON'T SELL THEM ON THEIR OWN. I guess I can... make one?
>>
> transmission-remote-cli
> terminal too small
oh my god
>>
>>55069937
change font size?
>>
>>55069991
You're a life saver, it was one level too big.
>>
>>55068291
can you post a picture of it next to a smartphone or 3ds or something for size comparison?
>>
>>55068291
>root phone
>install busybox
>install csploit and wpa2spleef
>it just werks
>>
>>55070629
Already done, that's not as funny as a 50$ pocket computer running Debian that I can tweak to hell and back without risking anything on my smartphone.
I wonder when I'll get mine since it was a regular preorder and not a kickstarter.
>>
>>55070629
whats wpa2spleef?
>>
>>55070903
wpa2spleef deez nutz
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.