[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>faulty ram >sad face >youtube it >find 'clean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: cleaning RAM.gif (77 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
cleaning RAM.gif
77 KB, 500x273
>faulty ram
>sad face
>youtube it
>find 'clean ram sticks with eraser'
>wtf lol
>tried
>works

pic related.
>>
>>55067993
Not really a new thing. I've been using erasers on PCI cards for years. Use it on any contact tabs to fix odd issues.
>>
Good job, buddy.
>>
>>55068398
I've used legit contact cleaner, haven't heard if using erasers before. Does using an eraser last for only a short time or am I jewing myself
>>
I prefer those melamine foam cleaning blocks.
>>
>>55070824
Rubbing alcohol and a q-tip is the technique

An eraser likely causes static and fried ram.
>>
>>55070850
it's made of rubber, rubber is insulated from electrical discharges and is neutral
>>
>>55070850
Have you noticed that whenever you open your mouth the people around you look like they want to smack you?

youyouyouyouyouyouyou
>>
>>55067993
Same works for credit card chips. My card stopped working so I took it to a bank, the clerk cleaned the chip with eraser and it worked again. It was not visibly dirty btw
>>
>doing stupid shit to your new product instead of getting it replaced under warranty
>>
I've heard of using an eraser to clean contacts, but I never did that so I don't know if it works or if it's even safe.
>>
File: 1258215632852.png (143 KB, 489x391) Image search: [Google]
1258215632852.png
143 KB, 489x391
>>55070990

Good RAM manufactures always got lifetime warranty and day one direct replacement with no question unless you literally break it in half.
You could dip it in water or static charged it, as long there is no visible damage they will replace your RAM.
>>
>>55071007
It's a technique that's old as shit. When I was a kid I had a kit for cleaning my Nintendo cartridges. Basically it was just a plastic card with rubber lining the ends and you'd rub it along the contacts with alcohol.
>>
>>55071051
Good RAM you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiElX3b-xmc
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.