[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice for PC gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
My gaming laptop became obsolete a couple of years ago so I only played games on my PlayStation. But recently I have saved up a bit ($2,000 AUD) and I am keen to get back into PC gaming.
However, I was thinking of buying a desktop rather than a laptop.

I am unsure if I should build a computer or buy a premade one. If I choose to build, my knowledge of computer specs is fairly basic, and I have no experience in building a PC.I have been leaning towards buying a prebuild simply out of convenience, Is a prebuild better or is it the other way around (generally speaking)

I have a budget range of $1,400 - $2,000 for everything including the monitor, mouse and keyboard. I do not know what I should invest in. Pls help.
>>
Build one for sure as far as parts go i do not wish to help you
>>
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

http://pcpartpicker.com/
>>
>Advice for PC gaming
>>>/v/
Fucking faggots
>>
>>55059066
I'm probably going to be the most helpful faggot here, aside from >>55060748 maybe.
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PigeonSwag/saved/jBc323
You may want to change a few things about and it is slightly over budget, but you do have quite a bit of room for expansion. My advice is to go to a hardware forum like LTT, Tek Syndicate, or Toms Hardware if you want actual invested help.
>>
>>55060825

>Hurr /g/ is only for discusing how my wonderful my Arch is

Really?
>>
https://choosemypc.net/
Probably the best place to start if you have no experience
>>
>>>/v/
>>
File: 1393358792045.png (2 MB, 1100x1200) Image search: [Google]
1393358792045.png
2 MB, 1100x1200
Always build it yourself.

Here is a top tip most people forget: don't cheap out on a psu - make sure its a quality unit for the given wattage you need (hint: moar watts doesn't inherently mean its a good unit or that said unit can even provide it).

http://www.jonnyguru.com/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1281
>>55059066
Build it yourself. Here's a case suggestion.
>>
Always build it yourself, watch a bunch of videos on how to build it before hand, and if you run into any issues Google it. Don't try to brute force your way through a problem like an autist.

Also, PCPartPicker is handy. And a quick tip for picking parts is don't cheap out on the power supply unless you want to fry your rig or burn your house down, senpai.
>>
>>55062886
Found the chink. The only thing that case lacks is a big, gay spoiler.
>>
>>55062886
I don't understand this meme
>>
>>55062954
Found the newfag. The only thing you lack is a big gay tripcode.
>>
>>55062989
muh sides
>>
>>55062989
kek
>>
>>55061403
"Pigeon Swag" ur such a faggot
>>
>>55059066
>I have no experience in building a PC.
YOU have to know whether you trust yourself enough to build a PC on your own or not.
We can show you guides, but we can't tell you that you won't fuck it up.

>Is a prebuild better or is it the other way around (generally speaking)
DIY > prebuild.
Always.
The only situation were a prebuild is better is if you have no clue about what you're doing.
If you don't trust yourself enough to build a PC on your own, get a prebuild, but be aware that prebuild systems are always jewish rip offs.

>I have a budget range of $1,400 - $2,000 for everything
That's pretty nice, Jimmy.
Be more specific. If you want to play games in 4K you need other hardware than in the case off "i only play some CSGO and LOL".
>>
>>55062886
1.7% woodscrews
>>
File: glasses.png (7 KB, 1494x453) Image search: [Google]
glasses.png
7 KB, 1494x453
>>55062989
>install gentoo / 10
>>
>>55061469
Fuck off back to plebbit you fucking manchild scum
>>
File: 1455235944048.jpg (8 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
1455235944048.jpg
8 KB, 247x204
>>55062964
it's not a meme hes the only one who's been posting it. Hes trying to make it a meme, but meme don't work that way.
>>
>>55067329
>MOM He triggered my autism
>He made fun of my precious Arch
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.