[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be a more perfect phone? Or is Maemo/Meego/Sailfish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: nokiaN900_rtlsdr.jpg (33 KB, 465x620) Image search: [Google]
nokiaN900_rtlsdr.jpg
33 KB, 465x620
Will there ever be a more perfect phone?

Or is Maemo/Meego/Sailfish dead
>>
Nokia will be back hopefully they acquire sailfish (and all their old talent) and make a great phone again.
>>
>>55053122
i thought they had a contract with M$ for windows phone exclusivity
>>
Not quite dead, but it's time to call for a priest to read the last rites. Some semblance of the relevant players are still around and could try to pull it together, but they're behind on time, capital, and look at the mess they and their ilk already left behind: maemo, meego, mer, moblin, tizen, bada, nemo, sailfish... hell I think I'm still missing one. Most of these projects barely went anywhere save for passionate dev followings, were teased via underpowered hardware to niche hobby markets, but fail to produce a product the general public can get behind and end up fading away or forking. Shortly after the cycle begins anew with a new name and a promising roadmap, only to disappoint again.
>>
>>55053201
what a shame, I'm so done with ios and android.
>>
>>55053107
Neo900
>>
Im not paying $1100 for those terrible specs. Already pre-preordered a pyra.
>>
>>55053235
Seems that they are having production delays
>>
You fucking idiot! There's been 3 new Sailfish OS phones released in the last year but you're too dumb to notice them.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/02/24/jollas-aqua-fish-phone/

https://www.engadget.com/2016/02/02/the-turing-phone-will-ship-with-sailfish-os-not-android/

http://liliputing.com/2016/06/oysters-sf-one-of-the-first-sailfish-os-smartphone-that-doesnt-come-from-jolla.html
>>
>>55053270
Uh no.

Turing phone not released yet. No audio port. OS will be locked down for "muh security". garbage

Jolla phone sold out, EU version on amazon.

not sure about the oyster one.

Still no major manufacturer.
>>
oyster phone using mediatek processor. Just say no to DMA from your modem to your ram.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.