[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Graphics card issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 0404061826.jpg (342 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
0404061826.jpg
342 KB, 1600x1200
Hi /g/, i've been having issues with my PC for a little while and whatever game I play, it tends to just lag and go back to normal, I think it may be my graphics card but i'm not entirely sure, my graphics card is a GTX 760, let me know if I must provide more information, I also checked for drivers and updated them and did a virus sweep and clean and nothing changed, any help would be appreciated
>>
>>55049343
I understand the no tech support rule and i'm trying not to break it really, I would like to know from experts on this topic and what i could do to fix it now and if it happens in the future again.
>>
Cooling issue maybe?
Check your temps.
>>
Have you tried pouring bleach on it? If that doesn't work, try pouring some down your fucking throat.
>>
>>55049786
Did both and nothing improved, any other advice?
>>
>>55049343
>he bought a 760
https://tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_760/images/perfrel_1920.gif
This is the launch day GTX 760. Note it's around an HD7950

See that HD7850 way in the back? Well it eventually got rebranded the R7 370, albeit with a small OC.

Here's the latest benchmark the site has done: https://tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1070/images/perfrel_1920_1080.png

Also for fun, heres the launch day 960
https://tpucdn.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_960_Gaming/images/perfrel_1920.gif

Notice even then the 760 was by the HD7950; and just a bit slower than the 960? All that performance loss happened in the last year and a half, directly after the 760 got replaced. When the 760 launched it was $250, the HD7850 was around $140 then. Talk about value decay.
>>
>>55051339
I built my PC 2 years ago so that may show i will need to upgrade my graphics card, man mines very low compared to the rest, i appreciate the help.
>>
>>55051836
The point was Nvidia shit on your card after it got replaced while AMD continued to support theirs.

If you had spent that $250 on a 7950 or 7970, you wouldn't be in this situation.
>>
>>55051846
Well shit guess i'm gonna have to save a few bucks for a better card, honestly what card would you recommend that will keep up to date with games now? I want a card that could last me a while but not burn a hole in my wallet too bad.
>>
>>55051901
RX 480

$200, brand new design, 14nm, bunch of good memes, launches in two weeks

Should be between 980 and Fury performance.
>>
>>55051946
Looks great and a better price than i expected, thanks for the help.
>>
File: bfg-gtx260-scan-front.jpg (297 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
bfg-gtx260-scan-front.jpg
297 KB, 2592x1944
Also in the market for a card man. Got a old gtx 260... I know..... I know...
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.