[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so wrong? Back in 2007, green was the standard color
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: asdfjashasjk.jpg (119 KB, 600x603) Image search: [Google]
asdfjashasjk.jpg
119 KB, 600x603
What went so wrong?

Back in 2007, green was the standard color for motherboards and we didn't have these shells for random components with cringing designs that appeal to gamers.
>>
>>55041493
>green was the standard color for motherboards

It still is, look inside prebuilts.
>>
>>55041493
wow that motherboard looks cool as fuck what's it called?
>>
>>55041493
After 8 years of research, I've come up with a great way of getting a well performing pc without having it look like a fucking lightshow for 12 year olds:

Have a non-glass Side panel and put it on your case. I know this might be hard to comprehend, so I'll explain:

Process:
1. Get a case with a non-translucent (no seey throughy) side panel
2. Put the side panel on that case (there's manuals and probably youtube instructions for when you don't know how this works

3. done

Explanation: The Side panel will block visible light from inside the case (i.e. the motherboard) towards your eyes. This leads to you, instead of seeing the gaudy motherboard, seeing the side panel instead. You can also color that side panel in a professionally boring gray or a sad brown if you want to.
>>
>>55041507
кeк
>>
>>55041507
the last time i opened a dell for someone it was yellow inside

most i see now are red or blue led shows.
>>
>A specific color combination triggers me
red/black is literally the only "gamer" inpired design choice in modern motherboards
>>
>2007 + 9
>not having a gun shaped mobo
>>
>>55041567
I'm not sure OP is aware that cases exist.
>>
>>55041733
That's definitely an HP laptop of some kind, looks like ~12"
>>
File: 12102223.jpg (275 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
12102223.jpg
275 KB, 640x480
Anon do you not like blue?
>>
>>55041852
>unnecessary plastic shell for ICH and PCH again
no
>>
File: server motherboard.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
server motherboard.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
get a server motherboard
>boring plain green
>no plastic shells with minor details that trigger OP

problemo solvedo
/thread
>>
File: 312609.jpg (201 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
312609.jpg
201 KB, 1000x667
>not having a motherboard that looks like the SNSV Z170
white and black work well together on motherboards and the hint of blue is nice too.
>>
>>55041567
I have a no-window case myself, but imo windowless cases are just an excuse to slack off on cable management and hide ugly parts.
>>
>>55042601
>BMW the motherboard
>>
>>55041562
g1-killer
>>
I bet you like beige cases and CRTs too you loser.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.