[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any difference in types of mother boards g ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
Any difference in types of mother boards g ?
>>
Sockets, size, chipsets, features, connectors
>>
So just places I can plug stuff in ?
>>
Good mother boards already have stuff like sound cards and lan cards integrated so you don't need to buy them separately.
>>
But if I want to be able to upgrade all my parts ?
>>
>>55040772
Dude can I have some of what you're smoking?
>>
>>55040712
Just make sure you get one that looks futuristic and ready for combat. No fewer than 12 LEDs.
>>
>>55040759
Pls, all motherboards have integrated sound cards and lan cards.
Good motherboards have dual PCIe 3.0 working at x16, not like other mid-tier mbs that have only x8 + x8. You can plug overall more devices (external sound cards, ssds, video cards etc) to your pcie sockets.
>>
Ok cool. Is there any site that anyone would recommend where i can get up to date with motherboard tech/other computer tech ?
>>
Can anyone recommend a mobo for this build plox?
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/vYqP6X

I haven't picked a video card/monitor because I'll use iGPU and wait for a deal i guess.
>>
>>55042412
What are you planning to do that you need 850W for, lmao.
>>
For my next build with 5820K , any advices¿?¿
>>
>>55042412
MSI Z170-A Pro. Step up to the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 or the Asus Z170-A if you feel that you need the features they have.
>>55042466
There is no need to advertise your homosexuality on your computer.
>>
>>55042484

The LEDs remain off
>>
>>55042466
Gay pride mobo?
>>
>>55042441
I know right, I hope it doesn't fucking blow when I plug it in. Got it because 'they' say don't buy a cheap psu so I went for quality. Got it for that price after $30 MIR. And I liked the gold efficiency and thought I'd shoot for the middle of the load/efficiency curve. Not even mad it's semi-modular.

>>55042466
Jesus, the LED cancer.
Why not get a LED gaymen chair to go with it??

>>55042484
Thanks, it looks like a good one. And it can overclock okay? First timer so I'm not gonna push it but I don't want cheap shit either so the price threw me off.
>>
>>55042587
>>55042566
>>55042484

What can i do if the best X99 motherboard for the budget have this LEDS ¿?¿
>>
>>55042587

here come dat chair, ohshit waddup
>>
>>55042626
>x99
>budget

Shit, I'm the mobo noob guy but I guess just don't use them?

Kind of dumb if they've standardized RGB imo
>>
>>55042587
Judging by Newegg reviews and the number of phases it has (6 I'm counting), it seems like an alright overclocker. Nothing extreme I'm guessing.
>>
Motherboards with gaymer-oriented heatsinks on the South Bridge.
>>
File: strix.jpg (247 KB, 912x967) Image search: [Google]
strix.jpg
247 KB, 912x967
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.