[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
980ti vs 1070
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 2000618827.jpg (255 KB, 1082x926) Image search: [Google]
2000618827.jpg
255 KB, 1082x926
Somebody is willing to sell me their MSI 980ti gaming 6G for 350 euro.

The card is half a year old, it comes with the receipt and still 1,5 years of warranty on it.

It will be replacing my 780ti which is falling short at 1440p

Now I'm not sure if I should go for this deal or wait for 1070 prices to settle down and get a decent aftermarket one for 450 euro.

Pro's of the 980ti:

- I can get it now
- Oc'd it will probably be 5-10% faster than an oc'd 1070

Pro's of the 1070:

- Brand new card versus a used one
- Much less power draw
- Longer driver support most likely.

What do?
>>
>>55039294
Depends on how much he's raped the card with OCing it. 350 euro. Also, I don't think MSI warranty is transferable.

The cards are pretty much identical in power regardless.
>>
>>55039317
I don't think the warranty is an issue.

All of that determined by law, and it would be really weird if warranty does not switch hands when ownership of a product does.
>>
I just looked up the prices on the 1070 and it's 520 euro.

I guess that settles it, the 980ti oc'd seems to edge out the 1070 and with this much of a price gap I don't really care about power draw, even it if costs an additional 20 euro a year
>>
>>55039458
nvidia gimps its older cards with each driver release

your 980ti will be performing worse to the 1050/1060 one year from now

if you're gonna buy nvidia, buy the 1080 or wait for the 1080ti. Otherwise go for the 480X.
>>
>>55039476
I doubt I will see that happening.

The reason the gap between Keppler and Maxwell widened over time was because Nvidia didn't optimize for Keppler anymore.

Keppler and Maxwell were two different architectures.

The difference between Pascal and Maxwell is very small, so optimizations for Pascal will benefit Maxwell too.

Just like older AMD cards benefit from optimizations to newer cards, because they have been on the same architecture for almost 4 years now
>>
>>55039476
>your 980ti will be performing worse to the 1050/1060 one year from now

Spotted the AMD fanboy
>>
>>55039493
Its a joke. The drivers never get worse.
>>
>>55039476
Going to a 480 from a 780ti probably isn't worth it for the money.

If I were in OP's shoes I'd dial back AA and some of the other more useless graphics settings.

Chasing after maxing everything gets expensive fast. The 780ti is still above the price to performance sweet spot.
>>
File: ga.jpg (83 KB, 622x757) Image search: [Google]
ga.jpg
83 KB, 622x757
>>55039493
>The difference between Pascal and Maxwell is very small, so optimizations for Pascal will benefit Maxwell too.

Keep telling yourself that.

Just don't make a thread one year from now with this pic in the OP, complaining about how you got "cucked" by nvidia.

Cause we warned you nigger.
>>
>>55039534
Just stop. You, specifically, in every thread. Stop.
>>
>>55039355
>it would be really weird if warranty does not switch hands when ownership of a product does.

This is how warranties normally work. They only cover the original owner of the product

T. Guy who deals with warranties daily
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.