[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying a thinkpad is like old people trying to restore new cars,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 634x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 634x393
Buying a thinkpad is like old people trying to restore new cars, which cost them as much as a freaking macbook pro.

Literally have to buy the thinkpad, new screen, extended baterry, hd, ram, and processor to keep up to todays standards. Fucking laughable.

Pic related, 6k lambo mod with a honda as base.
>>
>>55038761
But that's satisfying.
There's a difference between buying ingredients and cooking a meal and a TV dinner.
>>
I just bought a thinkpad and used it as-is.

Most you need is an SSD, you don't need all that other crap. It sounds like you're retarded and are looking for someone to blame for your own stupidity.
>>
>>55038761
Thinkpads = honda civic
Macbook = audi aka the volkswagen clones
Gaming laptop = gmc
Regular winblows laptops = nissan altima
>>
>>55038761
I just bought a Sony instead. My friend had a macbook pro and I wasn't impressed. They're even more disappointing now.
>>
>>55038761
buying a t420 and adding some ram and an ssd:
is like buying a used sports bike and replacing the stock exhaust with aftermarket, better tires, and throwing a tune at it.
>>
File: x220upgrades.png (354 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
x220upgrades.png
354 KB, 900x700
Nowhere near it. If upgrading a thinkpad was the equivalent of getting a MBP, I'd just get a MBP.. Upgrades are pretty cheap. Pic related (my planned upgrades for a refurbished x220)
>>
File: CcbTgDzUYAAqepK.jpg (70 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CcbTgDzUYAAqepK.jpg
70 KB, 600x600
Or you could buy a new ThinkPad. I just got a P50, thinking of getting an X1 carbon
>>
>>55039323
>shit keyboard
no thanks
>>
>>55038761

hey douchebag, i recently purchased a thinkpad for $75 in mint condition with an i5 processor

if you think i should spend more money thats ur problem
>>
>>55038761
>2016
>using car analogies

keke dumbass
>>
>>55039323
Don't the new thinkpads come with security issues? I thought I read something about that, it's why people buy old ones.
>>
Lol do you have buyers remorse?
>>
my t42 was 60$
the ram was 15$
the SSD was 20$
the 9 cell battery was 15$
the 2ghz pentium m was 12$
(the stickers were 6$)

its not expensive, its still cheaper than buying something new and you still get decent performance
>>
>>55045051
people buy old thinkpads because of how they are cycled through businesses that brings their price to performance ratio to optimal levels

>company buys thinkpads from lenovo in bulk
>uses them for 3-5 years
>sells them in bulk in either full functionality or missing HDD
>3000$ laptop is now 200$ as they flood the market
>easily upgradable to very usable modern standards for cheap
>>
>>55046857
/thread
>>
>>55038761
I got a 6-month-old T450 laptop at work. The display and the keyboard are absolutely dogshit
>max res 1600x900
>same shitty keyboard they put in $500 laptops
meanwhile the macbook pro of equal value has the max horizontal res of 2560px.

I hate Apple with a burning passion, but they've outdone Lenovo there.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.