[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the LGA meme die? It's one of the reasons I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
When will the LGA meme die?

It's one of the reasons I'll support AMD and buy zen if it's PGA.
>>
>>55038686
BGA or nothing.
>>
>>55038696
Please no.
>>
>pins on the mobo
or
>pins on the CPU

It's all the same shit.
>>
Whats wrong with it scrub?
>>
>>55038778
Lga is more painful and expensive to deal with
>>
>>55038686
Slotted processors ala p2 and 3 all the way. It's easier to install, larger baud width and easier to mount an had.
>>
>>55038787
Your wrong
>>
>>55038770
Pins on the mobo are very hard to straighten.
If you are forced to discard the motherboard, you'll have problems with Windows activation if you had OEM license.
With motherboard, bigger amount of material gets trashed, so it is less environmnent-friendly.
>>
>>55038821
Pretty sure I'm not. A bent pin is much easier to fix on a pga chip than an lga board.
>>
>>55038686
Why are they still using pins? Aren't modern manufacturing techniques accurate enough so that 1mm high nubs against flexible metal plates would suffice?
>>
>>55039602
Pins are better tho
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.