[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>website does this asking you to log in >close it >website
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-06-12-11:05:35.png (589 KB, 1190x695) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-12-11:05:35.png
589 KB, 1190x695
>website does this asking you to log in
>close it

>website asks you to disable an ad blocker to view it
>close it

Do those people really think that someone's going to create an account or disable their ad blocker for them? Are they somehow profiting from people not viewing it at all compared to viewing it for free?
>>
>>55038659
The best part is when you can just hide the overlays with an adblocker and browse the website as if you're a registered user.
>>
enough ppl don't realize you can click it away - i see my parrnts keep installing one shitty toolbar and browser addon after the other without ever noticing that there was stuff to click. hell, my mom asked me how to proceed in a radio app without fb login, and there was a huge button at the boden saying so.

well, they are old and no tech savvy, also they nerd glasses. but it is uust an example that there are many people just do what they are told because they don't know their choices.

and then of course the site makes more money with info-selling and ads
>>
Did you know bandwidth and electricity costs money for a business? This is a request for site visitors to login, nothing more.
>>
>>55038894
And it's easier to hide the overlay than to fuck around with sharing details and going through email confirmation and the login process

it's their own fault if they can't run/design a decent website that achieves their goals eg. actually making the login necessary
>>
>>55038894

But in this case you can't click the overlay away and can't close it. You have to log in/sign up to use the website. Maybe they would have profited from me viewing their webiste "for free" (with no registration). Instead they lost a few page views.
>>
>>55038659
>Pintrest

Why would you even bother with that tumbler-esque shit???
>>
>>55038708

Yeah, but I frequently just put insults in for the email. Hopefully some dev has to read them and feel bad.
>>
>>55038894
Except you can barely scroll down the page without Pinterest trying to cram an account down your throat.
>>
The problem with pinterest is also that it automatically logs you out after some days of not using it. Then you get that annoying layer again. Not using pinterest anymore and I hope they get broke soon. It is probably not even the Dev's fault because they have a team of UI/UX designer.
>>
>>55039237

Because a web search for pictures pointed to them? It's not a Pinterest exclusive problem. Plenty of other websites are doing that. I forgot its name, but it was a pretty famous website would constantly redirect me to a sign up page after scrolling down on one of their articles. I just closed the tab and never went back.
>>
>>55038708
How to do that on pixiv?
>>
>>55040646
I don't use Pixiv but just tried it on a random link from Jewgle. It works. Just drag the slider over until the crap in the way is gone. It's as easy as it looks.
>>
>>55040683
>two ads block
>slider
>>
>>55040722
I prefer the interface of ABP or I'd only use uBlock. For the same reason people download alternative widgets for because the default ones don't match their themes.

Calm your autism. I'm comfy.
>>
>>55041081
>Obviously using those domain in host file would block ads but Facebook itself as well
This is bad because?
>>
>>55041081
Why do you use apkmirror in the first place?
>>
>>55038894
Did you know that annoying people means losing their business?
>>
>>55041100
Because I use Facebook. Much normie friends.

>>55041113
I don't have GAPPS. I use fdroid but you see some apps for eg vlc are updated slowly in the repo. So apkmirror is safe way. Aptoide is laggy shit.
>>
>>55042072
>APKMirror
>Aptoide
Dude just use evozi
>>
>>55038744
Be a good son and install uBlock Origin + Unchecky for them.
>>
>>55038659
>Using websies

lamoing at ur life Famicon.
>>
>>55038659
>Hurr, if you want to make money, put your content behind a paywall and don't rely on ads
>Wtf, they actually did it. Do websites really think someone will pay them?
>>
File: 44800308.jpg (32 KB, 486x485) Image search: [Google]
44800308.jpg
32 KB, 486x485
>>55042494
>free registration is now a paywall

Ok, I guess.
>>
>>55042547
>personal details have no intrinsic value
>>
>>55042494
But first, read this message from our sponsors.
>>
>>55038659
>Do those people really think that someone's going to create an account or disable their ad blocker for them?
You really underestimate normies.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.