[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no Leap WorkLounge to spend my day/night in with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: 1448339568431.png (84 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1448339568431.png
84 KB, 512x512
>tfw no Leap WorkLounge to spend my day/night in with the comfort of being able to work and lounge for chink cartoons
>>
>>55035183
Why must good office chairs be so expensive. I mean I know why they are but i wish they werent
>>
File: 1457263710752.jpg (39 KB, 500x608) Image search: [Google]
1457263710752.jpg
39 KB, 500x608
>>55035269
WHY GOD WHY
>>
>>55035269
They're still made in the USA using union labor.
>>
>>55035299
bonus points for the skeleton not being comfortable in the shitty chair too
>>
>>55035313
That's not even the reason, the number of hours to it takes to build these chairs and their labor force is almost certainly low and shit paid.

These are targeted for big companies to buy for their offices, they can charge premiums for this and companies will pay because lots of money and people that don't give a fuck aside from finance which will deal with it. They aren't targeting the home user looking for some casual desk chair usage.
>>
File: 1451924704855.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451924704855.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
WARNING to U.S.A. buyers. carcinogen chemicals in YOUR-YOUR-YOUR chair! california technical bulletin 117 put cancer in the chairs u buy, whoops! sitting on it all day increasing bodily content of harmful substances, highest among Americans for this reason! 1/3 of the foamweight of your chair comes from terrible chemical spraying. BUT-- 2013 amendment (to abhorrent law that caused immesurable human suffering by increaseing daily exposure to toxins across an entire population) makes possible for NOT spraying chair with awful awful things. finally hallelujah. however most companies still spritzing their shit with ineffective cancercausing garbagemolecules.

but one word, rings out thru the nite.
one word, says it all.

one word forward-thinking company never spraying chair always clean of chemical and all whole line of pristine unadulterated gorgeous chairs: hon.

hon brand saved my life. hon brand gives me strength. you cannot trust another brand to not give u cancer if u live in the U.S.A. go HON, never regret it.
>>
>>55035415
Terry A. Davis?
>>
>>55035372
It seems like the same thing with how if you want sony vegas you need to pay 600 but in reality that is just a price inflated for the mass buy deals a studio/school will do.

Problem with these chairs is you don't just pirate them like most will do if you just want to create a youtube video or some shit. Perhaps there is a good alternative on Amazon but I haven't seen any, something like the WorkLounge looks way above anything you find on there.
>>
>>55035183
>Leap WorkLounge
The company I work for has these chairs in their "board room" around a giant table like you'd find at a board room. I have meetings in it every so often and the chairs aren't that comfy desu.

There's a mesh back chair that some of the desks have in our office and that's way better imo.
>>
File: steelcase think.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
steelcase think.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>55035513
Steelcase Think?
>>
I bought a Steelcase Leap for $175 and I feel cucked. I still slouch like crazy so the difference in comfort isn't that big.
>>
>>55035513
While your opinion is valued most people would say the Leap is a great design and easily rivals the Aeron champion.

This chair gives you that leap comfort plus an extensive headrest allowing for lounge. I guess if you enjoyed all your chinese cartoons/vidya/shitposting on the couch or bed then you wouldn't need to lounge. The mesh may be nicer for a couple of hours as a task chair is meant for but with the chair we REALLY should be looking for is one with /g/ lazy fuck ability to sit all day.
>>
>>55035529
They actually look pretty similar to that but I think they are a different brand because the seat is more of a reddish color and not leather.

>>55035551
I guess, but it just felt awkward imo. At home I have one of those shitty "Executive" chairs that you pay like $100-200 bucks for and get like 1-2 years out of it before the shit is smashed in and uncomfy, but it lets me sit in improper positions like putting a leg up which i find comfy for extended periods.
>>
>>55035598
LeapLounge is an executive chair in reality.

If you get an expensive "executive" i think you could get pretty damned comfy like you say without the shit getting mushed in but would need to pay the fuckhuge price.
>>
Convert a junk car seat into chair.
>>
>>55035721
They usually sell these anyway
>>
>>55035545
Yeah you are slouching probably because you need something you can lounge in which is usually what a good executive chair will offer.

In the office you don't plan on slouching and that task chair is suitable but otherwise comfort is a good thing to have.
>>
File: racerfagsonkyswatch.jpg (66 KB, 801x801) Image search: [Google]
racerfagsonkyswatch.jpg
66 KB, 801x801
tfw Serta comfy af chair at a garage sale for fif-teen buck.
>>
I have a standing desk. It's great and I'll never go back to sitting down and totally fucking up my circulation etc. Sitting 12+ hours a day is definitely this generation's smoking
>>
>>55036833
>this generation
office jobs have been around for several generations
>>
I got a Knoll Life chair out of someone's trash for free but it needs $100 in parts to fix it. Y/N?
>>
>>55036833
I stand all day for work and it kills my feet.
Why the fuck would I stand at home?
>>
>>55037373
This
>>
>>55036833
>>55037373
Ikea Bekant, nigger. It's adjustable so you can stand for a couple hours, then sit for a couple hours.
>>
>>55037545
What if I want a perpetual limbo of standing/sitting?
>>
>>55036888
they have like a 10 year warranty, get it and call/email them up so they can send you the parts.
>>
>>55037545
>sit for programming
>go for walks regularly every few hours to take a break, get new ideas, "refuel" creativity by getting some distance from the problem at hand
Works perfect, don't even need an overpriced desk.
>>
>>55037581
Normally those warrenties aren't transferrable.
>>
>>55035318
The skeleton is the chair ya dip.
>>
>tfw just ordered a VESA mount so I can lie down on my bed
>>
File: 1292217275003.gif (147 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1292217275003.gif
147 KB, 320x240
>>55035269
Cry moar, faggot
>>
>>55035183
Humanscale Liberty Task masterrace
>>
File: markus.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
markus.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
Thank God I have the exact same body shape as the IKEA designers so this cheapo fits me like a glove.
>>
>>55037919
The Freedom Headrest looks nice, basically a WorkLounge but 1,200 dollardoo instead of 3,000
>>
Where's a good place to buy a chair and any recommendations for around 200?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.