[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which major company will go under first?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11
File: 1465334329469.jpg (36 KB, 460x690) Image search: [Google]
1465334329469.jpg
36 KB, 460x690
If you had to predict one big tech company to go under in the next 15 years.
Google
Apple
MS
Facebook
Amazon
>>
>>55032610
Amazon
>>
>>55032610
First Yahoo, then Facebook.
>>
>>55032610
Apple, they're already on the way out
>>
>>55032610
Kikebook

Zuckerberg is already on borrowed time. Faceberg is being cannibalized by more specific social media apps.
>>
>>55032642
Apple self driving cars coming out near 2020 + mobile is a huge success + fanboys and brand recognition and insane amount of revenue. I can honestly see ms having to merge with someone or fb before apple.
>>
>>55032662
>huge success
>share price crashing

begone fanboi
>>
>>55032667
>I don't understand how the stock market works
Geez, AMD stock went up 3x or 4x times they must be doing great right?
>>
File: Capture.png (28 KB, 642x476) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
28 KB, 642x476
>>55032667
>>
>>55032631
>yahoo
>major company
>>
>>55032610
Are you delusional? Apple and MS have insane amounts of capital and liquid cash. They could do nothing and still employee the same people for decades on end with no issue. Sony hasn't even burned off their fucking walkman money. Amazon however has little in liquid cash and very few assets. Same with Facebook. Google isn't quite up there with apple and ms yet, but they're very close.
>>
>>55032610
Facebook and amazon
>>
>>55032693
is apple stock worth buying? will it go up on monday?
>>
>>55032719
If I knew with complete certainty the answers to that questions, I would be rich by now.
>>
>>55032709
Apple has more than 200 billion on cash.
>>
File: apple car prototype.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
apple car prototype.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>
>>55032719
Yes
No one knows.
>>
>>55032749
>on cash
No.
>>
>>55032775
I'm not saying I like it but it's almost confirmed by their recent hires.
>>
File: 1465601850956.jpg (3 MB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
1465601850956.jpg
3 MB, 1698x1131
>>55032677
>He thinks the only thing that matters for google is the search engine.
>>
Amazon I would imagine.

they seem to be doing their best to try and diversify with lukewarm success.

it doesn't help that their core biz is retail which has shit-all margins.
>>
Oracle
>>
>>55032836
The thing with Amazon is that while the margins are small, they are the best at what they do.
>>
File: 1458042116231.jpg (149 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
1458042116231.jpg
149 KB, 500x478
>>55032625
FPBP
>>
>>55032836
Who is going to push amazon out of market? They are great at what they do and margins don't mean shit when you sell at such a high volume.
>>
>>55032610
Probably facebook unless they continue to purchase enough social media products like instagram, whatsapp etc because their main platform is dying.

The rest seem pretty solid to me and they are all diverse enough to withstand a failure of one section of their business and continue to be successful. Amazon is going nowhere.
>>
>>55032625
this. they treat their employees like complete shit. plus, with things like netflix for movies, steam for games, other sources for ebooks, walmart for groceries and misc.... what's the point of amazon?
>>
>>55032900
>what's the point of having a service that sells EVERYTHING and delivers it to my doorstep in 2 hours. Also they have more sources of revenue like cloud services , kindle, amazon video, etc.
>>
>>55032900
>what is Amazon Web Services
>>
>>55032900
>walmart for groceries.
Lmfao, they've been shown to be more expensive than most regular stores.
>>
>>55032610
Apple is finished, People are starting to care less and less about over prices status symbols.

Microsoft is just getting started and will probably kill off shitdroid in the near future, Shitdroid wont be able to compete with win 10 a system that is both a desktop OS and a mobile OS.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1281
>>55032610
Cooler master. For making this shitty case.
>>
>>55032610
Out of these, I see Google and Apple as the most likely to survive. MS and Amazon look solid, but important parts of their business might fail in not so long. Facebook is going to be the next Yahoo!.
>>
>>55032950
Yeah that thing which only powers half of the Internet...
>>
>>55032719
Yes. It's impossible to tell with any company. You won't be the only short seller though and are unlikely to be able to take advantage of any brief rise. As you don't have the connections. It would only be aarginal profit anyways. But it's a solid long term investment.
>>
>>55033095
>Tfw I made 200k with facebook stock and I don't even use social media. DADaDA
>>
Apple. Pretty much everyone else has a software ecosystem businesses and consumers rely on. There's nothing important exclusive to OSX and iOS is easily replaced by android.
>>
File: 1453946302001.jpg (24 KB, 400x522) Image search: [Google]
1453946302001.jpg
24 KB, 400x522
>>55032749
I would be much better off if I didn't pay taxes as well. Their day will come.
>>
>>55032900
Netflix runs on Amazon infrastructure
>>
>>55033157
If that could happen it would have already.
You have only to look at Microsoft to see how a big war chest can keep a dying company afloat for decades.
>>
>>55032836
>>55032864
>>55032878

Lets not forget about AWS. 8 billion a year and growing.
>>
AMD
>>
File: 1446597053103.jpg (21 KB, 460x350) Image search: [Google]
1446597053103.jpg
21 KB, 460x350
>>55033269
Revenue of $93.6 billion, $60.5 billion of gross margin, $18.2 billion in operating income and $12.2 billion in net income is pretty good for a dying company.
>>
>>55032610
Of the 5 listed, probably Facebook, they're business is the most transient of them in nature. Their stock is enormously overvalued as is, a 70+ P/E ratio is insane even for tech. Honestly I can see Facebook become a fable about overreaching arrogance.

>people aren't going to stop searching and emailing, so Google is fine
>Apple could see some struggles, but still has premium cred, and I don't see any real sign of people switching to Android or Samsung phones
>MS is facing challenges in OS dominance, but has been adjusting to it by shifting to an enterprise-oriented app store
>Amazon is essentially an entrenched distribution system at this point, only a HUGE scandal or concerted regulatory effort to slay them will bring them down
>>
>>55033425
They are expanding to cars 1000%, just look at the people they hired recently and some big tech people have said apple will eventually get on that. Google seems like they don't care about actually making the cars and they just want to maybe offer the self-driving car software to car companies.
>>
>>55033002
And outside of packaged brand-names that are the same everywhere, they're pretty low-tier.

>typically go to Publix
>store brand is fucking great, also dem hot fresh chickens
>also have a Fresh Market, got ground chuck for $3/lb for the longest time
>>
>>55033530
They will probably get in when self driving cars are already established. So expect them to be at least 5 years behind testla, they will probably just aim for a niche market with luxury cars although tesla already did that so yeah I don't see what they could do.
>>
Amazon and Microsoft are the least likely to go out of business. Apple will survive under cash reserves. Facebook will be the next yahoo and waste all its money buying useless companies like Oculus.
>>
>>55032677
no one uses facebook anymore. everyone switched to IG and snapchat
>>
File: Huerta_hi_res[1].jpg (407 KB, 740x950) Image search: [Google]
Huerta_hi_res[1].jpg
407 KB, 740x950
>>55032932
>Amazon is doing so well that they're working on drone deliveries, will be able to provide cheap same-day delivery for shit that isn't heavy or hyper-specific
>Publix making grocery deliveries, no drone announcements but they'll obviously start doing it once the tech's common
>you can be a shut-in, live in bumfuck nowhere, or on top of a mountain and still buy shit like someone in a big city
>a small bar has already delivered beer by drone to ice fishers
>the only thing holding back the drone delivery revolution is this fucking spic whose entire policy is hoping the whole thing goes away

Vote Trump so he can deport HueHueHuerta and make anime dronegirls real!
>>
>>55032719
Buffett bought it, and he is well known not to invest in tech. I calculated that if you bought all of their stock, it would take under 8 years to make back your investment excluding their equity.

Unless it turns out there's something fundamentally wrong with the company, or nobody wants to buy iPhones anymore, Apple is a pretty damn good buy right now.
>>
>>55032886
Their purchasing habits, if anything, will probably do them in if it doesn't push them to cyperpunk megacorp monopoly territory. They're well-known to shell out enormously imprudent amounts (I know whatsapp is widely used, but $19 billion for an instant messenger, which Facebook already has built-in, is questionable to say the least).
>>
Yahoo
>>
Facebook, it's already having to compete with so many new social media platforms.
>>
>>55032822
It's Google's AI and neural networks that are going to bring them success, while Apple fails. Google has a fuckton more data than apple can ever hope to have access to, and a good AI requires that massive amount of data. Only Facebook comes close when it comes to the amount of data collected
>>
>>55033644
>I calculated that if you bought all of their stock, it would take under 8 years to make back your investment excluding their equity.
That's a really bold claim lmao. You can't "calculate" anything with the stock market, you can estimate and assume things will go one way or another.
>>
>>55033682
Facebook was worth 26 bucks per share or something like that when it went public. They could be in way worse shape (see twitter).
>>
>>55032704
Which is exactly why it's going to go under.
>>
>>55033732
Obviously it's not an absolute, maybe it turns out Apple is Enroning it up or something. If they don't do something radical, though, and there isn't a sharp decline in sales, 8 years of net revenue covers market capital minus equity.
>>
>>55032610
Amazon

>>55032631
Yahoo was not one of the given choices.
>>
Apple. Overpriced pieces of garbage that have less features and one cannot do anything with them. Their way or the highway. Android is open source. Anyone can do anything with it. Stable and affordable on top of it all. Bye Bye Apple and good ridden of you.
>>
>>55033019
>Shitdroid wont be able to compete with win 10
KEK.
You don't really believe this, do you?

That said, yes, Microsoft is likely to outlast most of the OP's list.

Ultimately, it's Facebook that will be the first to go out of that list, just by the very nature of Social Media.

Where Apple stands, is hard to say. I would rather to be gone, but I don't think it'll be that simple.
>>
Facebook & Yahoo

Amazon & Apple & Google aren't going anywhere anytime soon
>>
>>55032610
Microsoft and maybe Amazon. They don't know what to do already...
>>
>>55032655
this is why facebook buys them all lad
>>
I think it will be either Facebook or Google. The longer something has been around, the longer you should expect to be around. Facebook and Google are also the only two companies in your list who are in direct competition with each other, over control of the web, ads, and data.
>>
Facebook and google.
Both rely on the value of advertising, but that is a bubble and will pop in the upcoming years.
Companies that sell things are currently overvaluing targeted ads, and that is the business model of both facebook and google.
Once companies stop paying so much for internet ads for one reason or another, google and facebook's revenues will collapse and they will die.
Or rather, the value of targeted advertising over regular advertising. All the data facebook and google collects is their value, and when that data has a fraction of its value to advertisers is when the bubble pops.
>>
>>55033032
Probably the best looking functional case anyone in this thread owns as of right now. Love it!
>>
HP
>>
Uber
>>
>>55037675
>Facebook and Google are also the only two companies in your list who are in direct competition with each other

MS and Apple have been competing for decades.
Aside from that, Google is arguably competing with everyone on that list, in one way or another.

>>55037705
Google has invested in revenue outside of just Advertising. Yes, it makes up 90% of its revenue, but Google has enough development and experience in other fields, that it won't be so easily crippled.
>>
>>55037814
>MS and Apple have been competing for decades.
>Aside from that, Google is arguably competing with everyone on that list, in one way or another.

From the user's perspective they are in competition, but their income comes from completely different sources. Hardware vs licensing. Plus Microsoft have pivoted away from desktop operating systems anyway, to services. Facebook and Google on the other hand both make their money from the exact same market: advertising.

>Google has invested in revenue outside of just Advertising. Yes, it makes up 90% of its revenue, but Google has enough development and experience in other fields, that it won't be so easily crippled.
They have experience in other fields yes, but they have not been able to translate those fields into revenue anywhere close to their advertising business.
>>
>>55032610

IMO Google and Amazon have the strongest futures. They're both diversifying considerably.

I'd say Microsoft or Facebook. I know MS has a ton of cash to coast on, but they've been burning good-will for several years now. Frankly, it's unlikely that any competitor to MS Office will ever arise, but the shittier SAAS "office" software is good enough for probably 90% of users overall, and probably 50% of actual *business* users.

As SAAS (sorry, "Cloud") and lightweight, heavily sandboxed OSes rise, I think Microsoft's position will get weaker and weaker.
>>
It's absolutely impossible to make predictions over such a long period of time.
>>
File: 4L_omoXNiHv.jpg (264 KB, 1422x841) Image search: [Google]
4L_omoXNiHv.jpg
264 KB, 1422x841
>>55032610
Hopefully kikebook. It should have never even lasted this long.
>>
>>55032610

MS has the least amount of data

>w10
>>
>>55032662
>>>/lgbt/
>>
Kikebook won't go anywhere, they have too much data to.
>>
>>55033583
instagram is owned by facebook
>>
>>55032610
facebook will eventually go the way of myspace
>>
>>55032610
Google is definitely not going down, they're too big.

it will be either Microsoft (not very likely, though) or Facebook. Although Amazon also has a chance at failing - look at their recent products, they're total flops.
>>
Facebook/Google merge when?
>>
>>55033048
this
>>
>>55032610
Myspace
>>
>>55038911
google jews will wait until zuckerberg jew is down, then deliver the final blow and integrate facebook and g+

i don't seriously believe this, but it is the most /pol/ answer i could come up with
>>
>>55032610
Apple, it doesn't provide an irreplaceable service that the other's do. If Apple died people would just buy other smartphones and that's it. If Amazon died then everyone would be missing a huge staple online store. If Microsoft died then suddenly you have no mainstream consumer operating system and billions could be lost in connected services. If Google died then you'd have no staple search engine and the government couldn't log info on you as easily. Facebook...? no companies would have a proper platform to shill and spread artificial memes on and the government would have a much harder time tracking you.
>>
It wikl go facebook first them microsoft amazon iant going anywhere and neither is google apple remains to be seen
>>
>>55032610
Facebook, easily

Nearly everyone has a profile these days, including your parents and grandparents. Therefore the people who made it so popular, are becoming less active because the whole family can see what they're doing. The next generation will see their parents using the platform and want to do something different, somewhere their parents can't see their actions.

Not to mention user-generated content has been slowly decreasing over time. Nearly every second post is from a paying publisher, resulting in mostly paid conetent being shoved down the user's throat rather than stuff they care about, say their friends. Instagram is facing a similar death

I stopped using it over a year ago, and haven't looked back. It's kind of liberating to be free from FB. Keep my profile active for networking and messenger though.
>>
Sup
>>
>>55032610
if apple does nothing good in the next years, they'll die or will become irrelevant
Google is too big
MS won't die. They can loose the pc market share maybe. Between vavle, google and apple wanting market share they won't last long. But they are on other fields and companies are too retarded to migrate to a good OS and better technologies.
>facebook
As long as there is nothing better for normies, they won't move.
Unique chance is that people realize and give some value about their privacy
>>
Microsoft most definitely. They've been doing a ton of bad decisions lately.
>>
none of them
they will help each other
>>
>>55032610
FB, then MS
>>
>amazon

they are expanding into fresh food. i'd assume that means a big partnership coming up otherwise the logistics of this are suicidal.
>>
>>55032610
>Google
Here to stay, they pretty much run the internet
>Apple
>MS
they might go the way of IBM eventually
>Facebook
Facebook is fucked in the long run, but Zuckerburger will just keep buying every other social media site that pops up in order to stay relevant
>Amazon
they might stop growing as fast but they won't be going under anytime soon, anyone who claims otherwise is stupid

What a shit thread OP
>>
>>55032836
>they seem to be doing their best to try and diversify with lukewarm success.

You're a fucking idiot

Amazon is the largest and most successful cloud provider in the world

Not to mention the retail market will NEVER disappear unless the economy crashes so hard that we go back to the stone age

Or they get outdone by competition which is nigh impossible

Facebook is the one to go first
>>
>>55041899
>they might go the way of IBM eventually

IBM is still around though.
>>
>>55041940
yes but they aren't really doing anything
>>
>>55041975
Not to end users, but they operate business to business only nowadays.
>>
>>55032610
Facebook because over the last decade the only thing of value its produced is react.
>>
Facebook, definitely.
They've gone out of fashion and are slowely dying.
They're going to be replaced like Myspace
>>
>>55042269
with what?

Googel pluse?
>>
>>55032610
I think facebook, literally no one uses it, just old people.
>>
>>55033195
lol cute dog
>>
>>55043755
>>55042269
Those youngins are already moving to instagram and snapchat. In the past people have lost their jobs from what they post publicly among other shit, so it's moving to more of a one on one or group chat thing.
Facebook will probably survive as a 'highschool-friend messenger' service and if 4chan ever goes down we'll probably meet up there.
>>
>>55033508
Shit must be expensive there. We sold Hereford beef ground chuck for $1.89/lb here in comfy Midwest.

Also is this Publix thing a new meme? Went to Florida a few times and Publix is definitely top-tier but other than selling booze at the checkouts I don't get the hype.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.