[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you with old 3.5" HDDs? I've been going through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
What do you with old 3.5" HDDs?

I've been going through some old hard drives, destroying the ones that don't work and keeping the ones that still have some life in them. I don't have any room to put them in my PC and I kind of don't want to use an enclosure since the large ones usually require an external power source.
>>
>>55029365
Also, one is a 20 GB IDE, the other two are 500/320 GB SATA drives.
>>
>>55029365
What do you do with your used toilet paper?
>>
Wipe with many passes, stick into garbage/cheap machines with no HDDs, get machine running, give to poor people. When businesses toss machines into dumpsters it's usually the HDD missing because of security concerns. Otherwise they're ready to roll.
>>
>>55029408
You can't compost hard drives...
>>
>>55029437
>Wipe with many passes, stick into garbage/cheap machines with no HDDs, get machine running, give to poor people.

If I don't find any other use for them, I might try this.
>>
>>55029458
For what it's worth, the overwhelming majority of poor people I'm talking about are high school and college students. Education is a totally different ballgame when one doesn't have a reliable personal computer. Laptops are best because of the built-in display but people will take towers too.
>>
i could really use a dozen 500mb drives
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.