[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a slow as shit X120e with the E-240. With Windows 7 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 290949-lenovo-thinkpad-x120e.jpg (64 KB, 275x240) Image search: [Google]
290949-lenovo-thinkpad-x120e.jpg
64 KB, 275x240
I have a slow as shit X120e with the E-240. With Windows 7 and allegedly the lightest browser I can find, K-Meleon, it still can't even play 360p YouTube videos smoothly. It plays 1080p local videos just fine, so I would imagine 360p YouTube should be no problem. What should I change?

I'm locked out of the BIOS and SecureBoot is on so I'm stuck with Windows 7.
>>
Does that browser properly support hardware acceleration? I'm thinking that for some reason its using the CPU to decode the video instead of passing it off to the hardware video decoder.

It could also be that YouTube is sending you VP9 video and that processor does not have support for VP9: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Video_Decoder#UVD_3

If VP9 is the issue I'm not sure of the best way to fix that, might have to stream the video with some other player instead of doing it in a browser or download it with another program.
>>
>>55028515
>Does that browser properly support hardware acceleration?
It is supposed to. It's based on Firefox, I believe. How can I check if video is VP9?
>>
File: Screenshot (317).png (34 KB, 392x199) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (317).png
34 KB, 392x199
>>55028562
Right click a video and select "Stats for Nerds" you should get a popup telling you what it is.
>>
Get rid of that dinosaur laptop.
>>
>>55028366
that's weird. youtube is working fine on my macbook pro
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.