[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ Im posting from my phone so sorry if there is a thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 257x196
Hey /g/ Im posting from my phone so sorry if there is a thread for stupid questions but I cant see it.

Ive been having hard drive problems. I currently use 1 samsung ssd and 2 western digital greens.

One of the wdg when plugged in makes the pc really fucking slow and it doesnt show its volume Im not totally sure what to do, is there a chance of getting data of it?

Ive currently reformatted the pc because I was drunk and thought that was a good idea but I guess that tells me it is 100% the hard drive

I cant really load any programs while its plugged in, the other wdg shows up perfectly.

If I remember correctly when trying to rar some family photos to back up it said disk full I think even thought I had about 300gb left.

Ive checked the sata cable and the same problem still happens so its not that, the possible corrupt hard drive also stored my programs, I cant right click to show properites on the hard drive, I cant run crystal disk because it doesnt load up while the hard drive is plugged in.

Id be happy if I could recover some files off it around 3gb then I would write it off and get a new one but yeah.

Aby advice on where to go next?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160611-122158.png (138 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160611-122158.png
138 KB, 720x1280
>>
>>55022423
Well you're gonna need some sort of partitioning tool, there's this great thing called gentoo, it has all the stuff you'll need.
>>
>>55022452
Ahh sorry man, my phone is wank like my pc

>>55022464
But I just want the both hangover and thr hard drive headache to end...not start. If I knew what I was doing in gentoo Id already be there.
>>
>>55022423
Device manager is Windows' partition program, EaseUS Partition Master is better. Check if if the drive shows up and if it's got a driveletter (dunno the correct English term).
Maybe you should check the drive's health with CrystalDiskinfo.
>>
>>55023489
Ah I should'be read to the end... Boot in a live CD with gparted GSmartControl or Gnome-Disk-Utility does the same as cdi.
>>
Turn off your computer.
Boot ubuntu livecd
Mount hard disk
Copy the files to a flash drive
Install GNU/Linux
>>
Your drive is toast. WD Greens fail catastrophically. Use a Linux boot disk to mount it and retrieve data. If you can't, it's already dead.
>>
>>55023914
>>55023849
I tried but yeah it's just gone, nothing works. Literally nothing, recommendations to replace?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.