[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright bear with me /g/, I am new to the whole pc arena and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: k-on_yui_corn.gif (192 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
k-on_yui_corn.gif
192 KB, 300x240
Alright bear with me /g/, I am new to the whole pc arena and need some help. I just bought dark souls 3 and upgraded my computer with it. I got an i7 4790k and a gtx 970. I have 8gb of ram and my motherboard is an h81m-p33. I also am using an ssd for everything, not just the OS. When I have the game at any of the graphical settings (low, med, high, max), my fps hovers around 15-21. I don't know what the deal is, because I meet all the specs easily. I would love some help. Feel free to ask questions.

Pic completely unrelated.
>>
>>55017437
>a gtx 970
Theres your problem.
Although it says its 4g, its actually 3.5gb, and the other .5 are completely slow and absolute shit. If for anyone reason a game takes up more than 3.5 (most games do) your FPS will completely drop.
>>
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>55017437
ITS BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT NVIDIA RETURN IT TO THE STORE INMEDIATLY
>>
Your computer might be using the on-board Intel graphics instead of your dGPU.
>>
>>55017437

Confirm that your monitor is plugged into the GPU
>>
>>55017437
>I am new to the whole pc arena

You must be 18 years of age or older to post on 4chan.
>>
>>55017437
>8gb ram
Hahah good luck running any modern game on that. You need at least 16GB!
>>
>>55017556
>he fell for the 16gb ram meme
>>
File: 1462377923585.jpg (111 KB, 755x423) Image search: [Google]
1462377923585.jpg
111 KB, 755x423
>>55017437
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.